Stateline air park
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Operation Lightning Strike - Saturday 27 September 2008

4 posters

Go down

Operation Lightning Strike - Saturday 27 September 2008 Empty Operation Lightning Strike - Saturday 27 September 2008

Post  fyrekev Wed 03 Sep 2008, 15:52

This event will take place at Poseidon Airsoft in Pungo. As always, gates open at 1000 hours and games begin once everyone is signed in, paid, and ready. The faster the better.

A US Army raid conducted operations in a village near Ad Dawr and Al Dur on 15 May 2003 by elements of the 1st Brigade Combat Team, and U.S. 4th Infantry Division, Code named Task Force Ironhorse. The mission was to search for Ba'ath party members and militants. As a result of this effort a key member of the former regime General Mahdi Al-Duri Al-Tikrit Adil Adballah, Code name "Victory" was captured and interrogated, giving away his bodyguards and militants' position.

1st BCT - 15 positions available
Task Force "Ironhorse" - 15 positions available
Ba'ath Party Members - 35 positions available
1st BCT - Commanding Officer position taken
Task Force "Ironhorse" - Team Leader available
Ba'ath PM Commanding Officer position taken

Saturday we will be hosting day and night games>Day games are still just twenty dollars and if you want to add the night game it's just ten dollars more.

+Please call (422-4111) or come into the store to fill positions+

Last edited by fyrekev on Thu 25 Sep 2008, 18:44; edited 3 times in total
fyrekev
fyrekev
Lance corporal

http://www.myspace.com/firekev

Back to top Go down

Operation Lightning Strike - Saturday 27 September 2008 Empty Re: Operation Lightning Strike - Saturday 27 September 2008

Post  fyrekev Thu 04 Sep 2008, 22:06

Alright, due to the threat of poor weather from Tropical Storm Hannah on Saturday, anyone planning to play this event can call PASG at the store from 1300-2000 Friday or Saturday morning starting at 0800 to ask if the game is still on. The number is 422-4111. You can also find contact information on the website, www.poseidonairsoft.com. If the event does happen to be canceled, it will resume next weekend, September 13th.

Now to interject my own personal opinion. Based on what I am seeing with the storm, I don't suspect Hampton Roads will feel the effects of it until late Saturday evening or perhaps even Sunday morning.
fyrekev
fyrekev
Lance corporal

Back to top Go down

Operation Lightning Strike - Saturday 27 September 2008 Empty Re: Operation Lightning Strike - Saturday 27 September 2008

Post  fyrekev Mon 08 Sep 2008, 00:05

Okay, I adjusted the date on this event, since the weather caused it to be moved back a weekend.
fyrekev
fyrekev
Lance corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Greybush Mon 15 Sep 2008, 11:19

What Happen. The gates were lock at 10:30 am. this morning. You guys are hurting yourselves, I know of eight players you lost today.

Last edited by Greybush on Mon 22 Sep 2008, 20:37; edited 1 time in total
Greybush
Greybush
OGR Gangster
OGR Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  fyrekev Mon 15 Sep 2008, 13:30

Greybush wrote:What Happen. The gates were lock at 10:30 am. this morning. You guys are hurting yourselves, I know of eight players you lost today.
Unfortunately, that wasn't an issue with Poseidon. From what I understand, they were told by the land owner that morning the field had been scheduled for another event that day, despite the fact that Poseidon is supposed to receive notice of any event at the field since we use it most often. They were extremely upset about it, too. Beyond that, I don't know what sort of discussion is taking place with the owner, but I'm sure a heated one will. Stuff like this can happen when you don't actually own the land. The event will commence as soon as possible, and I'll keep folks posted on when.

I would recommend for players who have to travel some distance to reach the field that they call the store prior to leaving for the latest information. On Saturdays the store opens at 8am, and the number is 757-422-4111. Additionally, the website is www.poseidonairsoft.com and various methods of contact can be found on there as well. I would request that you and the eight other players not take this to heart and hopefully plan to show up for the OLS another day. As I said, I'll let you know when, but on the day of you are welcome to call and make sure everything is underway.

Something a lot of people apparently don't know, just like Stateline, you CAN reserve the field for yourself on any day. If you can round up players on this board for Stateline, then you can do it amongst yourselves for Poseidon as well. As long as you have at least 25 players, you can contact Poseidon and tell them you want to play on the field on <insert day here>. Then you can come on here and make the announcement or what not. The airsoft experience in this state is a collective effort. Yes, there are those folks who can provide funding, but ultimately the player base is something we have to create ourselves. The number of designated playing areas in SE Virginia isn't much, so why someone would instantly cut out a nice 60 acre facility because of a simple mix up is beyond me. They're only hurting themselves, to be honest. I don't work for Poseidon, never will, and because of that I can say that if you don't want to play in Pungo, fine. If you want to keep the small airsoft player base segregated to individual fields only, fine. If you want to start rivalries between those fields and stores, fine. Just know that by doing so, you're going to eventually remove the airsoft scene from this area altogether.

I have made it a point to play at all fields that I could get to in a reasonable amount of time, regardless of how many people instantly judged me negatively because I wore a Poseidon Team Trident patch. Believe me, I've heard it right in front of me; people that talk bad about me who have never played with me before, as well as the people that talk bad about the field in Pungo when they have never set foot on it. But I can stick to Pungo only just as easily as anyone else can avoid it. They have a very loyal group of players, so it can be done. I can be one of "those" guys. If folks would just broaden their horizons and play everywhere, including Pungo, then you'd see a much more unified airsoft sport. Grey, I like you and all, really do, but it's comments like the above which make me want to just ebay all of my gear and get out of the sport. If only you had any idea how close I've come many times. And I've only been playing for just short of a year. I understand your frustration. I've been there before. But for airsoft's sake, don't write off a field because of a scheduling conflict. People do make mistakes, being human and all. It just so happens that the field owner made one this time. When you do get to play there, I'm certain you'll enjoy it. In case you need more info, read this...

http://www.maapr.com/virginiaairsoft/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=9159

Last edited by fyrekev on Mon 15 Sep 2008, 22:09; edited 1 time in total
fyrekev
fyrekev
Lance corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny Mon 15 Sep 2008, 19:29

The number of designated playing areas in SE Virginia isn't much, so why someone would instantly cut out a nice 60 acre facility because of a simple mix up is beyond me. They're only hurting themselves, to be honest.

I have to say that there are only two fields I can say that I truely enjoy playing at. One is Stateline and the other, I have not been there but my family has and I take their word on it, Blackstone. It's a few simple things called loyalty and good friends.

I have no problems what so ever with Poseidon at all. I've played with them when they have come to Stateline and even have one of their stickers on my Jeep. Their store is good as well, I just don't like the field out at Pungo the same as some others. Greybush has a point about the gas prices and yes it can hapen to any field but with Stateline, we are like a family and stay in contact with each other vai phone and if something gets called at the last minute (which it has) there is always a bit of grumbling but all is always forgiven. So I feel the slap on the back of the hand here for what Greybush posted was not called for and a bit out of bounds.

I do hope you all fix the problems so others may enjoy the game and it turns out to be a wonderful game. Have a blast and keep Airsoft growing.

Penny
Blackrose of Bad Karma
Penny
Penny
Corporal

http://www.geocities.com/ombres_haven/

Back to top Go down

Post  fyrekev Mon 15 Sep 2008, 22:05

Thanks, Penny. Actually, the loyal players of Poseidon operate much like the family at Stateline. Just like I don't hear about cancellations at Stateline, I'm sure those that don't frequent Poseidon hear about ours either. This is what happened with Greybush. But those people that play at Poseidon most of the time hear about them, grumble, then make up for it later. I try my best to keep the Stateline folks informed on here, however I was unable to do so this weekend because Saturday and Sunday I was at Lake Rawlings getting my open water diver certification with, ironically, some guys from Poseidon. We do more together than just play airsoft (withhold gay jokes, please, I know that was a slow pitch there).

I'll just keep posting information on here as best I can and as fast as I can get it. That way everyone can read it and use it as they see fit. Everyone is still welcome to come and play.

I would like to add, though, that the reason for my outburst was not based off of that comment alone, but a multitude of comments I've heard over a long time. I have yet to see someone make a public complaint about Stateline, or Ballahack, or Blackstone (okay, one for Blackstone that I just remembered on VAF). However, it seems that Poseidon has received several, all of which were over things which I have seen happen at EVERY field I've played at many times. Why is this? Why has Poseidon seemed to become the black sheep of the local airsoft community? I know the field layout and location isn't everyone's preference, that's fine. But I walk into a local airsoft store and overhear a nasty conversation that, had I been wearing a Poseidon shirt, probably would have been censored. That same store, if I walk in wearing a Poseidon shirt, I'm made to feel as if I am not welcome there. I mean, has Poseidon made a bad name for themselves behind the scenes and I have been unaware of it? These are some questions I wish someone could answer.

I apologize, Grey, for the slap on the hand. Penny is right, it was heavy. Just know that I'm frustrated with it. Perhaps this thread can shed some light on what's bothering me and help you understand why I took that approach. Although be it a poor one.
fyrekev
fyrekev
Lance corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny Mon 15 Sep 2008, 22:34

Hey Man, no biggy. As I said, I have no problem with the guys at all. I feel they play hard and work great together and i for one enjoy playing airsoft with them. And let someone say something about the sticker on my Jeep, they will get a few BBs their way..on the field of course. I plan on adding as many Airsoft stickers as i can from teams to stores, so if you happen to see me around and have a sticker, all i ask is keep it on the back window and not my paint but feel free to add to it!

Congrats on the diving cert. I too love to dive though it has been awhile.

Don't let the talk get to you, after all, it's just talk. Keep the pride of airsoft with you and remember, it's all in fun.

My team gets slammed and we are just getting the team going..LOL so I understand how you feel.

Things happen and will happen as they always do, after all, it is just Bad Karma ( shameless plug for Team). Remember our saying, "Bad Karma, Leave it on the Field!"

Have a great week and hope to catch you all at some games. Keep the posts coming.

Who knows, I may even give the pungo field another try one day.
Penny
Penny
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Drew Tue 16 Sep 2008, 10:39

Penny wrote:Hey Man, no biggy. As I said, I have no problem with the guys at all. I feel they play hard and work great together and i for one enjoy playing airsoft with them. And let someone say something about the sticker on my Jeep, they will get a few BBs their way..on the field of course. I plan on adding as many Airsoft stickers as i can from teams to stores, so if you happen to see me around and have a sticker, all i ask is keep it on the back window and not my paint but feel free to add to it!

Congrats on the diving cert. I too love to dive though it has been awhile.

Don't let the talk get to you, after all, it's just talk. Keep the pride of airsoft with you and remember, it's all in fun.

My team gets slammed and we are just getting the team going..LOL so I understand how you feel.

Things happen and will happen as they always do, after all, it is just Bad Karma ( shameless plug for Team). Remember our saying, "Bad Karma, Leave it on the Field!"

Have a great week and hope to catch you all at some games. Keep the posts coming.

Who knows, I may even give the pungo field another try one day.
Not to get off topic but i just got my open water quals at lake rawlings in august and just dove heron in nags head its col to know im not the only diver up here
Drew
Drew
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Greybush Tue 16 Sep 2008, 15:41

I wasn't pointing a finger. I was asking a question as to what happen. As to the players that found your gates locked. These guys have played at PA in the past along with myself. It was kind of a pain to drive from one side of town,just to turn around and have to drive to another side to get a day of play. I know stuff happens. Like the saying goes to depend on others is to be disappointed at times. I also know that PA leases the land and has to deal with the owner and others.

You also have to remember. Others get frustrated just as you do. The thing is not to take it personal. When you read a post, stop and think and look at it from outside. Then you can make a more proper response,without coming across in a bad way.

I myself have over 14 years of playing Paintball and Airsoft more paintball than A/S. I can tell you every store/field has thier own followers. Yes you will hear crap all the time. The trick is not to let yourself get caught up in the negative aspect of the sport. We as players love the game and it's okay to talk smack. The deal is not to let it ruin your focus on what you enjoy. Don't make it personal

I have made alot of posts that are of my opinion, and experance with other fields/stores/refs, both paintball and airsoft. I never bend the truth and I don't post out of hate. I do bring to focus the not so good or safety issuse that come into play. Yes all fields have some. incuding my favorites. I try my best to find the good in all. Sometimes theres more bad than good. However without the input from others. rather it be good or bad. stores and fields can't grow.

In closing I myself have no problem with any players be from PA,BS,NK,SL,or BAS showing thier patch work. I love the team sprit that all show. The players are what make the sport.

=======================================J-Bird aka GreyBush=====================
Greybush
Greybush
OGR Gangster
OGR Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  fyrekev Thu 25 Sep 2008, 18:45

The new day for Operation Lightning Strike is set. This Saturday, 27 September 2008. Hopefully, despite the delays, a reasonable amount of people will still show up. And HOPEFULLY the weather will be permitting.
fyrekev
fyrekev
Lance corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny Thu 25 Sep 2008, 19:17

I hope all goes well for you guys as I hope it does for all fields. May the weather clear and the day as well as the night bring many great games for everyone.
Penny
Penny
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down