Stateline air park
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MBPB Survival

+2
gieger
bdad
6 posters

Go down

MBPB Survival Empty MBPB Survival

Post  bdad Tue 20 May 2008, 19:00

After having several conversations with other concerned master blasters , I have decided to post some concerns here.
MBPB is a business and needs to make a profit to survive. They have started on a TV advertising campain promoting the field and store. The field improvements have been great and continueing. This all costs money from investment and profits. The staff is great and Jason is after all, Mr. Airsoft.
The problem is all of the business that they are losing to the "other local store". MB is being killed simply by the inventory and prices the other store has. They stock a large assortment of guns, parts, accessories and gear. Most things have to be ordered to get them at MB and are sold at a premium price. For an airsoft store to frequently run out of the most basic of items like bb's is a concern. Simple business 101 teaches the bird that has the best inventory, price and customer service gets the worm. By far MB is the freindliest and most helpfull shop there is, but when people come to the shop to get something and it's not there, they either go to the other place or order it on line. If you have to wait, why not get it significantly cheaper. If you need it today, you find it elsewhere.
We all want to give all our business to MBPB but they need to do their part, keep stock up and prices fair.
This I say as a freind, somene who has spent quite a large amout of money with MB's and as someone who wants to stay with MB's for a long time to come.

bdad
grunt

Back to top Go down

MBPB Survival Empty Re: MBPB Survival

Post  gieger Tue 20 May 2008, 19:26

Greg,
I couldn't have summed up my feelings any better. It is sad when I am at the shop on a regular afternoon, getting my gun and ammo in order for the nightly Sat. game, when I see Jason with a store full of customers and no airsoft guns to sell. Having sold everything in stock earlier that afternoon.
I will say this though the other store to which you refer forever lost my business with a single visit and HORID customer service. I will not even walk into that store.
Saying all the above the major points I see are...
1. you MUST have more guns in stock. It is a paintball/airsoft store, it cannot be either without markers or guns. When your competition has an amazing amount of selection, you must at least make an attempt at having regular supply of a decent number of guns. While it's great that you can sell all of the airsoft guns you have in an afternoon, its not so great when its 4 guns.
2. you MUST keep the basics in stock. BB's, gas, mags, silicon lube, batteries, BATTERY CHARGERS (the intelligent ones) etc...
3. Not something that must be done, but getting in actual BDU's in the different styles and sizes would be awesome. Though you are limited by the size of the store... It seems that you have a large amount of unused space in the rear that could easily be converted to hanging racks or shelves for additional stock.
Thats my 2 cents. I love MBPB and will continue to spend money there, but please make it a little easier on a guy. I am torn between online shopping and other local retailers that have some of the basics like clothing and chargers etc, when your store doesn't carry these items.
Jason and Greybush are both awesome guys and great salesmen, its a shame they don't have much to sell.
Gieger
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  Greybush Wed 21 May 2008, 19:22

Guys you are so right. we try to keep as much as we can. Unfortunately we have to deal with a budget and the supply companys, and here lately every time we order something they tell us it's a Pre-order, on back order,or out of stock. Then when we do get it in they're sold faster than we can restock them. We sell things that move. I glad when we sell out. That show us that we get what you guys need. There's times when we order extra, and sometimes we try to get in wish list items. Remember guys there are other companys that have been doing this alot longer than we have. We are learning. We are growing as fast as we can , and as much as our budget will let us. We try to put money in items that we know will sale. We've tried to stay with the quality items that the players like and need. I know there have been alot of days when we are out of some things. Believe me we are tring to keep up, Like I said we are learning. The BDU sets are an item we seem to be losing on due to supplyers. I don't know where to go to get the deals at a competitive price. This is why we haven't carried them. We are still looking. I mean we don't want to charge you twenty to thirty dollar more at the shop for the same item online. We will find the best prices sooner or later. If you guys have any suggestion. I'll be more than glad to check it out. Guys just don't give up on us yet. We are working on making things better all the time and as quick as we can.
Greybush
Greybush
OGR Gangster
OGR Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Drew Thu 22 May 2008, 07:52

bdad wrote:After having several conversations with other concerned master blasters , I have decided to post some concerns here.
MBPB is a business and needs to make a profit to survive. They have started on a TV advertising campain promoting the field and store. The field improvements have been great and continueing. This all costs money from investment and profits. The staff is great and Jason is after all, Mr. Airsoft.
The problem is all of the business that they are losing to the "other local store". MB is being killed simply by the inventory and prices the other store has. They stock a large assortment of guns, parts, accessories and gear. Most things have to be ordered to get them at MB and are sold at a premium price. For an airsoft store to frequently run out of the most basic of items like bb's is a concern. Simple business 101 teaches the bird that has the best inventory, price and customer service gets the worm. By far MB is the freindliest and most helpfull shop there is, but when people come to the shop to get something and it's not there, they either go to the other place or order it on line. If you have to wait, why not get it significantly cheaper. If you need it today, you find it elsewhere.
We all want to give all our business to MBPB but they need to do their part, keep stock up and prices fair.
This I say as a freind, somene who has spent quite a large amout of money with MB's and as someone who wants to stay with MB's for a long time to come.

very well put and like the old saying goes "you got spend money to make money"
Drew
Drew
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  bdad Thu 22 May 2008, 11:48

Greybush and Jason,

I don't think we are going anywhere. We commented because we care and want to see you guys suceed.

bdad
grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  gieger Thu 22 May 2008, 12:42

Agree 100%
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  Drew Thu 22 May 2008, 16:02

Im agree 100% with bdad and gieger
Drew
Drew
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  brien Thu 22 May 2008, 16:20

me 5 or 3 or...whatever i just agree
brien
brien
Lance corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackman Thu 22 May 2008, 18:19

well maybe yall can agree with this..MBP compared to most places laugh and actually have smile on there faces. i mean jason and greybush yall are sweet. i mean MBP is very nice place to play and be...i cant say or ever will have to say that there is a problem with MBP staff or field.

overall MBP 110%

Blackman
El
Blackman
Blackman
Lance corporal

http://www.myspace.com/gopats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down