Stateline air park
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am looking for a new+good gun is this an good gun?

5 posters

Go down

I am looking for a new+good gun is this an good gun? Empty I am looking for a new+good gun is this an good gun?

Post  Shottaker Sun 06 Apr 2008, 20:27

i have not bought this yet just wondering if anyone can help. http://www.airsplat.com/viewcart.asp?CartId={39EVEREST2260D1-5638-48C9-A3A5-6002E02AAD32}&url=VC&Tp=&VCT=&WERR=
Shottaker
Shottaker
private 1st class

Back to top Go down

I am looking for a new+good gun is this an good gun? Empty Re: I am looking for a new+good gun is this an good gun?

Post  gieger Sun 06 Apr 2008, 22:37

Hate to say it but you get what you pay for. In this case the internals of the gun don't sound bad, but since it doesn't say full metal I'd assume that the gun is all plastic, and that means it will break. Based on the amount for most metal conversions, it's cheaper to get a slightly more expensive metal gun than to get something thats pretty crappy and try to make it nicer later.
Gieger
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

I am looking for a new+good gun is this an good gun? Empty Re: I am looking for a new+good gun is this an good gun?

Post  Shottaker Mon 07 Apr 2008, 07:17

Alright i will look for an full metal ak just or better than it. thanks for the advice. Very Happy
Shottaker
Shottaker
private 1st class

Back to top Go down

Post  Greybush Mon 07 Apr 2008, 23:01

Don't let the fact that the main body is not metal be your deciding point. Toyko Mauri is one of the top seller's and thier aegs have plastic bodys.
The most important issue is the repairability.
I don't care what brand or style you buy. ALL airsoft weapons will break sooner or later. This is where you need to make sure,That what ever you buy can be repaired.
I say play with it until it breaks. Then do your upgrades. Just remember don't over do it. Here are some choices

1.) JG and Echo 1 are one in the same as far as what's inside. These units give metal gears in a metal gearbox. Some have metal ris systems along with plastic recievers, while some come with full metal bodys. price range $100.00 - $300.00 for you standard AEG's There are some units up in the 3500.00 like the "minigun"

2.) D-Boys most of these come in a full metal construction with metal gears and gearbox. There are some with plastic bodys also. price range $125.00 - $300.00

3.) Toyko Marui, ICS,Marushin, Prime, G&P, and Classic Army are your upper level weapons. These are your top dogs in airsoft. Don't be fooled. These AEG's can break just as quick as the cheaper stuff.

Your best bet is to find the platform you want. M4 style. maybe the MP5 these are great for your up close battles. The field weapon might be in the M16 MK12 SPR, or M14 socom.

They're so many choices out there.and One more thing to remember. When you support your local pro shops. It's cheaper on repairs.It's hard to fix an aeg on the web.
Greybush
Greybush
OGR Gangster
OGR Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  SirUber Mon 07 Apr 2008, 23:02

You could get this http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_200&products_id=2925
SirUber
SirUber
private 1st class

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason@Statelineairpark Sat 19 Apr 2008, 10:21

Uber,

That is great advice and I couldnt agree more.

Shottaker,
Contact me or Greybush for a quote.
Jason
Jason@Statelineairpark
Jason@Statelineairpark
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

http://www.statelineairpark.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down