Stateline air park
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vega Force Company

2 posters

Go down

Vega Force Company Empty Vega Force Company

Post  Greybush Thu 20 Mar 2008, 01:22

The VFC 416 w/10" barrel. I have had two of these units. I still have one. The platform that this gun is made in is excellent. Solid from front to back. Complete metal construction. The front ris system inter locks into the main body, This keeping the front from twisting. The 416 comes with a peq box due to the collapsible stock, The peq box is a little small for my taste. It is functional. The unit is easy to disassemble to me anyway. with the peq box removed. You remove the lower screw at the rear of the ris.this allows the ris to come off. disconnect the battery wires. Remove front body pin and remove the outer barrel and upper reciever. The unit come apart the same as all your other M16/M4 frames.There is just one difference. The bolt release has a crossover linkage. You need to remove the pin on the bolt release tab. Look at the right "holding in the firing postion"side of the weapon. You'll see a lever between the mechbox and the main body. Turn the reciever over so you can look through the magazine well, See the linkage rod . With one finger push up on the level "on the outside" and with the other hand remove the "linkage" bolt release tab. I had to learn this on my own. Now with all your other pins out. remove the mechbox from the lower reciever. Remove all your screws,"note the mechanizim that works the linkage rod hides one of the mb screws. Loosen the screw for the level,let the spring relax. now you can remove the mb screw. I ended up working on both of my units, because of a electrical problem. Back to the review and what's inside. The first one out of the box it shot about seven times then it stopped. I found the contacts on the switch to be the trouble. During this disassembly I found that the Tappet plate,Hopup chamber, and the piston are made of a clear plastic "not impressive". The gear set was steel, not the pot metal ,or cast that you find in a lot of other aegs.The shimming is different. They use a spring with a shim to keep pressure on the spline gear instead of a solid shaft" kinda like a floating gear". The cut off level is a little on the thin side "cast alum" a more solid one will do better.The mechbox itself is like your standard type ll. However there is that feature that I told you about. The 416 bolt release works. When you pull the changing handle. The dust cover is locked back to allow easy hop up adjustment. Then just press the bolt release and the dust cover closes.This is a function you'll lose if you Change the mechbox. I did do the upgrades while I had it apart. Played with the first one. Then I sold it. Couldn't stand it so I got myself another one,and still playing today. The unit still has a problem. It shoots in full-auto while in semi. That's okay it's my field rifle anyway.

Closing statement. The VF 416 is a great platform to build on. If you get one, use it until it breaks. At that point do your upgrades. Keep in mind. DON'T over kill the weapon. To much will cost you more in the end.
Greybush
Greybush
OGR Gangster
OGR Gangster

Back to top Go down

Vega Force Company Empty Re: Vega Force Company

Post  Jason@Statelineairpark Wed 30 Apr 2008, 00:44

Great review bro, i found that to be spot on.. I was there for these projects and I can say that VFC make a great 416 replica externally but the internals have got to go.

Jason
Jason@Statelineairpark
Jason@Statelineairpark
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

http://www.statelineairpark.com

Back to top Go down