Stateline air park
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Field is going to close... unless...

+3
Drew
BlackWidow
JuanEZ_VFC
7 posters

Go down

The Field is going to close... unless... Empty The Field is going to close... unless...

Post  JuanEZ_VFC Tue 23 Dec 2008, 00:09

guys, knowing how the economy is going. i have a feeling that the field will be next on the hit list to shutdown.

i know i know... i hate to even think about that fact. but think about it... have you noticed a decline in the interest of airsoft? noticed the growing list of gear and guns for sale. (hey, i'm guilty too) we all have our reasons to sell. mine, i have 2 AEG's and 3 pistols... i'm merely thinning out my arsenal. i'm just saying... honestly i'd hate to see the field shutdown... other than one night at posideon, this is the ONLY field i play at.

anyway, what can we do to keep this field open?? realistically, not much, its not our call... we don't own the field, we just use the services they provide.

its only gonna be a matter of time...

i'd like to know your inputs on this situation... who knows, the field could stay open and i'm just being paranoid... but its a possiblilty...
JuanEZ_VFC
JuanEZ_VFC
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

The Field is going to close... unless... Empty Re: The Field is going to close... unless...

Post  BlackWidow Tue 23 Dec 2008, 01:51

i am guilty for not showing up at all for a long time, but if it was up to me i would be out there every weekend. but as some of you know i have a ball and chain that wont let me go. its horrible for me to see the downfall of showups at the feild from what im reading, i might show up this weekend but im not counting on it the way my wife is. i have done a few things to my guns and im trying to buy a few more but as i said b4 its hard getting out with her and the fact one of our cars is broken. but hope to see yall out there. and as i mentioned b4, i would have no prob getting out there fri nights since my wifes at work and kids are at there grandparents so its open for me
BlackWidow
BlackWidow
Lance corporal

Back to top Go down

The Field is going to close... unless... Empty Re: The Field is going to close... unless...

Post  JuanEZ_VFC Tue 23 Dec 2008, 11:13

hey man... last saturday is the first time i played since memorial day of this year. work has been getting in the way of fun. i fully understand that people have other oblligations. this post was really just an observation. be it right or wrong. i'm sure each one of us would like to be able to hop on the board, find out about a game, say you are gonna be there and get out to the field and sling bb's at each other, but the reality is that that cannot happen every time.

people have things pop up from left field all the time.

i'm just trying to put out my feelings about this... i just dont want to see the field close...
JuanEZ_VFC
JuanEZ_VFC
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  Drew Wed 24 Dec 2008, 18:24

id hate to say it but i saw this coming on for a long time personally i think the fields had a good run
Drew
Drew
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Greybush Thu 25 Dec 2008, 00:31

Guys I'm going to do what I can to keep the message board up and running. I'll have to check into afew things,and see If I can change the host without losing all the info.
Greybush
Greybush
OGR Gangster
OGR Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  BNFox Thu 25 Dec 2008, 14:33

So is this a confirmation that this field is going to close? That would be a real shame, since i really enjoy the field and the only true kill house in Hampton Roads. What happened to all the people that were coming out over the summer? Jason and everyone else. It just seems that since the store closed no one has been playing out at Stateline. Blackstone and Ballahac have been thriving, so im not sure if the word of mouth is gone or the up/down rainy weather has kept people away.

I hope the field doesnt close, but i understand business so some things cannot be helped. I hope to hear some good news soon.

-BNFox
BNFox
BNFox
private

Back to top Go down

Post  JuanEZ_VFC Fri 26 Dec 2008, 13:07

no no no, this is NOT confirmation that the field will close down. i'm merely saying that it might happen.

PLEASE DO NOT TREAT THIS AS A CLOSURE NOTICE!!

sorry j-bird, didn't think that posting my opinions would stir the pot like this.
JuanEZ_VFC
JuanEZ_VFC
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  Greybush Sat 27 Dec 2008, 20:02

That's okay. I'll keep everyone in the loop the best I can. Until I get the word things will stay the way they are.
Greybush
Greybush
OGR Gangster
OGR Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt. Viper Wed 31 Dec 2008, 23:35

The field better not close..cause I cannot play at Ballahac due to the FPS rules..and I truely do not feel like driving 3 hours to Blackstone to play airsoft as often as I do, don't get me wrong though, Blackstone is a killer field, and Ballahac is freakin huge and so is the Posieden field, but I am stateline through and through
Sgt. Viper
Sgt. Viper
private 1st class

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny Sun 04 Jan 2009, 13:42

This weekend is the last weekend for games out at the field. It IS closing. It is a sad day for so many of us but you know we all will find a way to keep playing and I do want to stay in contact with everyone.
Penny
Penny
Corporal

http://www.geocities.com/ombres_haven/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down