Stateline air park
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update on Grand Reopening of the Pungo Field

+5
Penny
TeamPrecisionIT
SBw/anM4
brien
fyrekev
9 posters

Go down

Update on Grand Reopening of the Pungo Field Empty Update on Grand Reopening of the Pungo Field

Post  fyrekev Tue 10 Jun 2008, 08:46

Copied from MySpace...

DON'T FORGET THE GRAND OPENING OF THE PASG FIELD THIS SATURDAY JUNE 14TH @ 10AM!!!!! THERE WILL FOOD, MUSIC AND LOTS OF AIRSOFT. 100.5 MAX FM WILL BE ON SITE FROM 12 TO 2. MONSTER ENERGY DRINK WILL BE GIVING AWAY FREE MONSTER ENERGY DRINKS. STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFO OR CALL 757-422-4111. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL THERE.

THIS WILL BE THE FIRST BIG PARTY TO KICK OFF THE SUMMER!!!!!

(PLEASE CALL 757-422-4111 OR REPLY TO THIS IF YOU A PLANNING ON COMING OUT, THIS IS SO THAT WE CAN GET A HEAD COUNT, THANKS)
fyrekev
fyrekev
Lance corporal

http://www.myspace.com/firekev

Back to top Go down

Update on Grand Reopening of the Pungo Field Empty Re: Update on Grand Reopening of the Pungo Field

Post  brien Tue 10 Jun 2008, 08:47

sweet i wanna go
brien
brien
Lance corporal

Back to top Go down

Update on Grand Reopening of the Pungo Field Empty Re: Update on Grand Reopening of the Pungo Field

Post  SBw/anM4 Tue 10 Jun 2008, 11:53

ill be there. i should be getting my sr 25 on thursday and i damn sure want to use it. hell i already took my 9.6 and the hammer 1100 out of my M4 to put into it.
SBw/anM4
SBw/anM4
private

Location : In that dark corner where your having trouble figuring out whats there

Back to top Go down

Post  fyrekev Tue 10 Jun 2008, 15:00

Okay, great. Sorry I didn't make this a little clearer, but if you intend to go, please shoot them a message on their myspace page or give them a call at the number listed.
fyrekev
fyrekev
Lance corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  TeamPrecisionIT Tue 10 Jun 2008, 17:42

You can mark two more to the list with me and Jason going (not the same Jason most are thinking)

Damian

TeamPrecisionIT
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  TeamPrecisionIT Sat 14 Jun 2008, 17:05

This place is bad juju. I love it when admin plays and then breaks their own rule set. I will not be attending another game there again. What a waste.

TeamPrecisionIT
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  fyrekev Mon 16 Jun 2008, 10:18

TeamPrecisionIT wrote:This place is bad juju. I love it when admin plays and then breaks their own rule set. I will not be attending another game there again. What a waste.

Perhaps a little elaboration on what your complaints specifically were would help to alleviate things, which I suspect is nothing more than confusion. Some constructional criticism would be a better avenue to rectify them rather than publicly defaming the field and it's operators without much evidence to support the argument. I didn't see anyone who didn't enjoy themselves, so I'm curious as to what happened in your experience. Misunderstandings, botched games, and goof ups happen at all fields many times, so playing one day at this field doesn't nearly give you enough of an experience to come here and proclaim this place to be "bad juju". If you could explain without being judgmental, that would be appreciated. Feedback helps with QA. I look forward to hearing what you have to say, and I'll relay the information as well to help things in future games.
fyrekev
fyrekev
Lance corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny Mon 16 Jun 2008, 12:33

Alot of people said they were going and I feel bad that I could go. Maybe I will get a chance to play that field as well. And no, I don't let one persons opinion influence mine but I too would like to know what happened.
Penny
Penny
Corporal

http://www.geocities.com/ombres_haven/

Back to top Go down

Post  TeamPrecisionIT Mon 16 Jun 2008, 12:56

fyrekev wrote:
TeamPrecisionIT wrote:This place is bad juju. I love it when admin plays and then breaks their own rule set. I will not be attending another game there again. What a waste.

Perhaps a little elaboration on what your complaints specifically were would help to alleviate things, which I suspect is nothing more than confusion. Some constructional criticism would be a better avenue to rectify them rather than publicly defaming the field and it's operators without much evidence to support the argument. I didn't see anyone who didn't enjoy themselves, so I'm curious as to what happened in your experience. Misunderstandings, botched games, and goof ups happen at all fields many times, so playing one day at this field doesn't nearly give you enough of an experience to come here and proclaim this place to be "bad juju". If you could explain without being judgmental, that would be appreciated. Feedback helps with QA. I look forward to hearing what you have to say, and I'll relay the information as well to help things in future games.

I don't have the time or concern to worry about how someone else feels about their own faults. I'm not going to go into detail. Also, I have the power to do what I feel like doing, Kev, and that includes not attending a field whose management ran poorly. I am not interested in excuses or reasons why things went bad, they just did. And after paying $20 to play in what was 4 games in close to 5 hours, I was thrust a negative image which can't be erased.

Damian

TeamPrecisionIT
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  SWIFT21 Mon 16 Jun 2008, 14:11

Dude relax he was just asking a question. Damn
SWIFT21
SWIFT21
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Drew Mon 16 Jun 2008, 17:45

SWIFT21 wrote:Dude relax he was just asking a question. Damn
true airsoft is just a game and this forum was not made with the intention of defacing any other field or company
Drew
Drew
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  SWIFT21 Mon 16 Jun 2008, 18:30

Thanks Drew.
SWIFT21
SWIFT21
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  fyrekev Mon 16 Jun 2008, 18:58

TeamPrecisionIT wrote:
fyrekev wrote:

I don't have the time or concern to worry about how someone else feels about their own faults. I'm not going to go into detail. Also, I have the power to do what I feel like doing, Kev, and that includes not attending a field whose management ran poorly. I am not interested in excuses or reasons why things went bad, they just did. And after paying $20 to play in what was 4 games in close to 5 hours, I was thrust a negative image which can't be erased.

Damian

I assume the bold emphasis on the management was yours, however it didn't tell anyone anything then, and still doesn't now.

It's impossible to please everyone. Large scenario games on a field of that size take a considerable amount of time. They are supposed to, and the large space allows for a good amount of tactics, planning, and team maneuvering. Perhaps long games aren't your style of play, and there's nothing wrong with that. I was okay with the down time between some of the games simply because the heat and humidity would have wrecked havoc on too many people. That time was spent allowing them to cool off and rehydrate.

Above all, some feedback from you would help, but I cannot force you to provide it, nor will I try. I promise you that you won't be offending anyone; instead helping to better the experience. I wasn't going to inform you about how we felt about our own faults, that's irrelevant. But saying management ran poorly and things went bad without providing details doesn't help anyone, for good or bad. Even if you wished to inform folks that the place was bad, you haven't provided any reasons for others to consider. However, if you do, here's hoping you'll do it in such a manner that allows for constructive conversation, learning, and a way for others to make their own decisions, such as on here and not by mouth to where it becomes a one sided opinion (the latter being quite dishonorable).

Everything aside, you're still welcome to come out any time we're open if you ever want to give it another go.
fyrekev
fyrekev
Lance corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  TeamPrecisionIT Tue 17 Jun 2008, 18:04

Drew and Swift,

I am fine, I didn't lose even a wink of sleep nor am I frustrated with it. He wrote a long passage so I responded to it, that's all, nothing else. No anger at all, just a response.

Damian

TeamPrecisionIT
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  TeamPrecisionIT Tue 17 Jun 2008, 18:15

Fyrekev,

I hope you understand I am not angry but this is not going to turn into something I caused onto myself, nor do I have a sworn need to be satisfied with every event I attend. So you know, I had an absolute blast at the all day game at Blackstone that I attended. Immersion and lengthy games are not a problem for me at all, I am in good shape and love to have the oppurtunity of surprising my enemies through the use of tactics.

My issue with the management at Pungo is the same issue I have with Bethel Park, I guess you could call it my pet peeve. I will not participate if I know I can't win, especially by being cheated. If I need to spell it out, which it seems like I do, the last game I played I was part of the terrorist group which was hunting down the last remaining seal who was left behind. After busting my donkey and running around looking for him, all of a sudden the game was over. Upon returning to the parking lot, I hear that the seal team and the lost seal were both in out-of-bounds territory. How's that for a hardy f u to my efforts. So I sweat my balls off, get exhausted for what? So the other team just cheats and wins the game? And then that team is run by the management? Sorry, but there's a line with me and it got crossed.

If you take offense to that and you're a part of the management, then that's your bed you made. You will not be recieving any more support from me, get over it. If you want to bad mouth me to your people, go ahead, I could care less. Ban me from attending an event, that's fine, I won't go there anyway. Is this enough feedback or constructive ctricism? Is my point across since a simple sentence didn't cover it? I was trying to purposely be vague so that you wouldn't lose potential customers, hence why I said I would not be attending and not WE should not attend. But since, you needed a long winded response, here it is.

Damian

Last edited by TeamPrecisionIT on Tue 17 Jun 2008, 19:02; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Left out some stuff.)

TeamPrecisionIT
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  fyrekev Tue 17 Jun 2008, 19:15

TeamPrecisionIT wrote:Fyrekev,

I hope you understand I am not angry but this not going to turn into something I caused onto myself, nor do have a sworn need to be satisfied with every event I attend. So you know, I had an absolute blast at the all day game at Blackstone that I attended. Immersion and lengthy games are not a problem for me at all, I am in good shape and love to have the oppurtunity of surprising my enemies through the use of tactics.

My issue with the management at Pungo is the same issue I have with Bethel Park, I guess you could call it my pet peeve. I will not participate if I know I can't win, especially by being cheated. If I need to spell it out, which it seems like I do, the last game I played I was part of the terrorist group which was hunting down the last remaining seal who was left behind. After busting my donkey and running around looking for him, all of a sudden the game was over. Upon returning to the parking lot, I hear that the seal team and the lost seal were both in out-of-bounds territory. How's that for a hardy f u to my efforts. So I sweat my balls off, get exhausted for what? So the other team just cheats and wins the game? And then that team is run by the management? Sorry, but there's a line with me and it got crossed.

If you take offense to that and you're a part of the management, then that's your bed you made. You will not be recieving any more support from me, get over it. If you want to bad mouth me to your people, go ahead, I could care less. Ban me from attending an event, that's fine, I won't go there anyway. Is this enough feedback or constructive ctricism? Is my point across since a simple sentence didn't cover it?

Damian

You know, you speak of not being angry, but your words sound very hostile. I've been respectful to you thus far, it would be nice to receive the same. I am not employed by PASG, so no, I am not part of management. That game was, as I said, a botched game. No one won because we, the SEAL team, failed to stay within the game boundaries. That was our error, yes, however we were not credited with a win as we never did reach our extraction vehicle. We were disqualified, were informed of the disqualification over the radio, and Tony proclaimed that the game was botched multiple times back at staging. Where were you every time he said it? I'm sorry that your efforts were in vain, I would be upset about that, too. But seriously, why is one game that went bad worth all of this hype you're putting forth? You cannot tell me that you have never attended a game at any other field that did not have failures with communication, teams that broke rules, or where stalemates formed. I'm sure everyone in this forum will agree that such things happen everywhere.

Now, to clear a few things up. I have not tried to place blame on you at any point. In fact, I have accepted partial responsibility for being on the team that crossed out-of-bounds. I have not, nor do I intend on speaking poorly of you to anyone. I respectfully request you do the same. You will not be banned from the field for simply expressing a dissatisfaction. Thus, you are still welcome to come out and play. The games are not set up to give field locals an advantage or a guaranteed win. There have been numerous times where Team Trident has had their butts handed to them. Heck, before I became a member of Trident, I once handed their butts to them solo during a night game after they had wiped out my whole team in a matter of minutes.

But alas, if all it takes is one mishap for you to write off a field, then I'm confident in saying that it won't be long before you quit airsoft. You've crossed two off of your list, and have three remaining, and seeing as mishaps happen everywhere, then it's only a matter of time. Enjoy your evening.

EDIT AFTER YOUR EDIT: The long winded response does better to help retain customers than just a "This place is bad because it just is." It allows us to figure out the errors, explain things if needed, and shows the rest of the readers that we're taking an active role in making things better.
fyrekev
fyrekev
Lance corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  TeamPrecisionIT Tue 17 Jun 2008, 20:35

Is this Kevin, like the Kevin I know and have played with before? SWAT Kevin? If so, then I am really pissed off now, lol. Dude, seriously, I am not mad, if I would have figured out it was you prior to this then I wouldn't have appeared as stern as I did (even though I am honestly not trying to come off as angry, seriously). I do have a low tolerance for mishaps, might be the perfectionist in me, so I do write places off quickly, and if I can't play airsoft at the commercial fields anymore because I felt wronged, then so be it. I can play at work if I choose. Or I could buy the land and start my own place where there will be a zero tolerance for stuff like that. This is America, the land of oppurtunity, and if there is a will, there is a way!

My fault for coming off as a jerk, it really wasn't my intent and if we were to have same conversation face-to-face, you would know that. Dude, if this really is you, then you should have been able to tell I wasn't truely po'ed, just more along the lines of disappointed. I know we're not best friends or anything, but we've shot the sh%t at the field.

Damian

TeamPrecisionIT
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  fyrekev Tue 17 Jun 2008, 21:57

Yes, this is SWAT Kevin. Don't worry, I know who you are, and it isn't like I'm going to be a jerk to you or anything. I seriously was only concerned about what exactly happened so that I could do what was in my power to iron out that particular wrinkle. Truth be known, I haven't been playing this sport long, but when I started I got hooked like a nympho on sex toys. I've dumped a lot of money into this game, a lot that I shouldn't have, so whenever I see something not working out I like to try and help make it work out. I've met a lot of good people from playing at the three fields I've attended (and a few douche bags, but I won't go into that), and I would like to be able to get them all united as one. Not the "Poseidon group", the "Ballahack group", the "Stateline group", and the "<insert field name here> group"; I want to see the "Airsoft Group" that will play at one field one day, and another the next. To make it simple, I'd rather take the 30 or so people that frequent each field, and make them the 100 or more people that frequent all the fields. And as such you have my reasoning for putting such an effort into getting information out of you. If I can't convince you to return for more games there, then although be it unfortunate, I have to accept that.

From what you have told me above, they need to be much more vocal on game boundaries, places you can't shoot guns; probably a little more organized on setting up games, and maybe shorten the down time between them (so long as we aren't posing a medical risk). I think during cooler days you can get away with shorter down times more often. I'll tell you though, on the game we spoke of above, mulch puts off a crap ton of heat and it's like running on a sand dune. I almost lost my lunch from exhaustion on that one. Now I know I won't have to run on it anymore because it's off limits.

In light of the fact that it's all easily fixable problems, I hope you'll reconsider another day at Poseidon. Maybe not immediately, but at some point. It's not hard to write down predetermined game types, keeping track of the tried and true ones, and noting the new ones that worked well. Everything can be tweaked. But if you don't, then I'll see you at another field on another day. No hard feelings though, I just wanted to know for the good of the collective.
fyrekev
fyrekev
Lance corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  TeamPrecisionIT Wed 18 Jun 2008, 07:05

Trust me, I understand the whole nympho thing (very good analogy, btw) and am hooked, too. My thing is, I want to stay hooked for the test of time and putting myself in situations where I go in pretty much knowing I will be let down, is not a way for me to stay interested. To use an analogy, are you really going to frequent a restaurant where you know the service will be horrible and the food be cold and taste like garbage and will be more expensive then anything else you attend? The answer would more then likely be no and that is how I feel about things when there is a management related issue. I am not going to spend my hard earned money on something that is not going to fulfill my needs and wants. What's the point? I may as well just throw the money in the trash. Between field fee, BB's, gas, fuel, food and drink I think I spent close to $60 for the day of gaming at the PASG field and then it was pretty much in vain. I could have kept that money and spent it elsewhere. So it does leave a mark on me and it will be hard to remove that mark. Only time will tell.

Damian

Last edited by TeamPrecisionIT on Wed 18 Jun 2008, 07:09; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bad grammatical errors on my part.)

TeamPrecisionIT
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  fyrekev Wed 18 Jun 2008, 12:30

TeamPrecisionIT wrote:Trust me, I understand the whole nympho thing (very good analogy, btw) and am hooked, too. My thing is, I want to stay hooked for the test of time and putting myself in situations where I go in pretty much knowing I will be let down, is not a way for me to stay interested. To use an analogy, are you really going to frequent a restaurant where you know the service will be horrible and the food be cold and taste like garbage and will be more expensive then anything else you attend? The answer would more then likely be no and that is how I feel about things when there is a management related issue. I am not going to spend my hard earned money on something that is not going to fulfill my needs and wants. What's the point? I may as well just throw the money in the trash. Between field fee, BB's, gas, fuel, food and drink I think I spent close to $60 for the day of gaming at the PASG field and then it was pretty much in vain. I could have kept that money and spent it elsewhere. So it does leave a mark on me and it will be hard to remove that mark. Only time will tell.

Damian

Well, like I said, management isn't bad and usually runs things very well. And plus, from what you told me about, it can be made better in the future. You just had the misfortune of playing on a day where a game took a dump. To be quite honest, on my first visit to a new restaurant, I would still give them a second chance if my service was bad the first time. However the second time I would probably have a fine toothed comb with me. You do what you feel you need to do. Personally, I just don't see every single game running perfectly at any field, ever. No one was cheating, but the game did go fubar. If you give it another chance, great, would love to have you. If you don't, unfortunate, but accpetable. I'll see you out there, buddy. Have fun, be safe, drink beer, and get laid.
fyrekev
fyrekev
Lance corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Greybush Thu 19 Jun 2008, 11:00

Guys remember we are all human. We make mistakes, and things fall apart sometimes. All fields have problems sometimes. That's the nature of the beast. The trick is to not let them become an everyday occurance. I myself have let my emotions take the better of me. I apologize to the players for that. Anyway that's another story.

As a player myself I hate wasted time. Now there are times when you need an extra five or ten minutes to recop. The heat is the biggest factor. Staying hydrated should take care of that and be top priority, and yes you have to remind players to do that on a regular basis.

However to take thirty of fortyfive minutes between games is alittle excessive. Again this is the point where we learn and try to do better.

Another thing is that not all players have equipment "radio" So a command or game change may not get to every player. This falls back on the management to walk thur and relay the infor. Yes this is another learning curve.

In closing: First impression are everything. However when dealing with the public it's a learning curve and we don't always get it right the first time. Sometimes we need a second chance.
Greybush
Greybush
OGR Gangster
OGR Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason@Statelineairpark Sun 29 Jun 2008, 19:43

Amen Greybush,

Im beatin a dead horse im sure but Im a sadist I guess. My future advice is if anyone has an issue and that means anyone with how a game is ran or what's going on at a game then they need to talk to the management in private. If you guys have any issues with how we, "StatelineAirpark" run our games then please feel free to contact us by pm or preferably in person so we can resolve matters and make appropriate changes if needed.
Not that needed to be said, Im just putting it out there. We are here to help and make your airsoft experience enjoyable.

Keep your muzzle up,
Jason
Jason@Statelineairpark
Jason@Statelineairpark
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

http://www.statelineairpark.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down