Stateline air park
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ICS vs Echo 1 Vector Arms MP5A4

+2
SirUber
TeamPrecisionIT
6 posters

Go down

ICS vs Echo 1 Vector Arms MP5A4 Empty ICS vs Echo 1 Vector Arms MP5A4

Post  TeamPrecisionIT Mon 05 May 2008, 13:07

I want to know what the main differences are and if the higher asking price for the ICS (AE) is worth it. I know the motors are different but that's about it. Post up!

Damian

TeamPrecisionIT
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

ICS vs Echo 1 Vector Arms MP5A4 Empty Re: ICS vs Echo 1 Vector Arms MP5A4

Post  SirUber Mon 05 May 2008, 16:40

My friend has echo 1 mp5 ras by vector arms and it is nice i have gotten easy kills with it. I don't know much about the ics mp5s but you get the airsoft elite mp5 which is like ics and it's better.
SirUber
SirUber
private 1st class

Back to top Go down

Post  gieger Mon 05 May 2008, 17:46

Jason is the better person to field this but I will relate some of his ICS pearls of wisdom and he can add as appropriate and correct my mistakes... here goes.
ICS Pros:
Construction is top notch, from the fit and finish to the quality control on the externals.
The above also applies to the internals... with some additions...
The ICS designed gearbox seems to provide a higher level of longevity IE longer internal gun life. The guns are very solid and reliability is very good.
The gear box is a pretty unique design, (though other companies appear to be copying the design in their newer versions), it allows very easy spring/piston changing without opening up the gear portion of the gear box. It is a four piece design two lower halves (one piece sliced longitudinally) and the same for the upper half. This is great for lubing, changing springs, repairing/replacing anything in the top half. The best part is that since its separated upper and lower gear boxes a spring change/upper repair can be conducted without having to re-shim the gearbox, or worry about any of the springs breaking loose in the lower half during these procedures, so as well as saving time changing springs etc because during these procedures you don't have to re-shim the gears a less experienced person can do spring changes and the like without the worry of having the shimming done professionally.
For some of the above reasons, MOST rental guns appear to be ICS's, that is in fact what Airsoft CQB in Manassas uses.
OK Jason check me and fill in the blanks...
Gieger
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  Greybush Tue 06 May 2008, 00:10

gieger you about covered the most part. Only thing is The MP5s don't use the split mechbox. The ICS in any style is worth the money. Due to the quailty that goes into the product. There are some companies tring to copy this style. Only time will tell if they got it right. The M4/M16 version use the split gearbox "mechbox" it is easier to repair. However the best part is. You can have two weapons in one. Because the mechbox is split, you can purchase a second upper, and have a heavier spring installed, or a lighter one. depending on what the stock one chronos at.

By doing this you can have an high volcity for the open field with one upper. But when you go somewhere that requires a lower volcity. Pull your back pin, tilt your reciever. Pull your upper mechbox out and install the one with the lighter spring. close your reciever replace your pin, and boom there you are NO TOOLS REQUIRED.

That is what makes the ICS M4/M16 body style a joy to own and shoot
Greybush
Greybush
OGR Gangster
OGR Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason@Statelineairpark Tue 06 May 2008, 02:00

Greybush/Gieger

Excellent explantion, I do hear a rumor about ICS making a splitbox mp5 and I know that Systema has also acheived the split box mp5 while also adding 3 rnd burst on thier guns due tohaving a mosfet type board installed. Now to get to the real truth about ICS. ICS makes thier MP5s durable enough that i can almost guarantee 100,000 rounds before an overhaul is due. The Airsoft Elite editions were upgraded by the techs at Airsoft Elite by adding better/stronger internals which increased performance and durability. The ECHO1 is JING GONG aka JG. ECHO is essentially doingbthe same thing Airsoft Elite did to thier MP5 editions but the receiver field strips differently and the velocity is often higher out of the box. To date I have customized/repaired both brands and find that ECHO1 is cheaper due to thier receiver molding process and materials used both internally and externally. The point that seperates both brands is the motor, bushings, gears and internal switching components. Ultimately it is the end users decision as to which one they like most. And most ECHO1s come with battery and charger, ICS does not.

Jason
Jason@Statelineairpark
Jason@Statelineairpark
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

http://www.statelineairpark.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Drew Tue 06 May 2008, 17:30

Jason@Statelineairpark wrote:Greybush/Gieger

Excellent explantion, I do hear a rumor about ICS making a splitbox mp5 and I know that Systema has also acheived the split box mp5 while also adding 3 rnd burst on thier guns due tohaving a mosfet type board installed. Now to get to the real truth about ICS. ICS makes thier MP5s durable enough that i can almost guarantee 100,000 rounds before an overhaul is due. The Airsoft Elite editions were upgraded by the techs at Airsoft Elite by adding better/stronger internals which increased performance and durability. The ECHO1 is JING GONG aka JG. ECHO is essentially doingbthe same thing Airsoft Elite did to thier MP5 editions but the receiver field strips differently and the velocity is often higher out of the box. To date I have customized/repaired both brands and find that ECHO1 is cheaper due to thier receiver molding process and materials used both internally and externally. The point that seperates both brands is the motor, bushings, gears and internal switching components. Ultimately it is the end users decision as to which one they like most. And most ECHO1s come with battery and charger, ICS does not.

Jason
ICS has already announced a split gearbox for mp5 check it out at arniesairsoft.com
Drew
Drew
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down