Stateline air park
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sim setup games

+2
gieger
TeamPrecisionIT
6 posters

Go down

Sim setup games Empty Sim setup games

Post  TeamPrecisionIT Thu 01 May 2008, 15:20

I'm not sure if this has something any of you guys have done or do currently, but I think it would be cool to play a game/night where we use only standard/low cap mags. Meaning mag capacity of no more then say 50-60 rounds or even the true mag capacity of your weaponery. So like my real steel MP5's standard mag capacity is 30 rounds, and luckily, I do have the sim magazines to use with it already. Anyone else down with doing this?

Damian

TeamPrecisionIT
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Sim setup games Empty Re: Sim setup games

Post  gieger Thu 01 May 2008, 18:02

Those would be lowcap mags for most guns in airsoft. I have mids for my MP5, though honestly I haven't used them yet. I only have the (1) Highcap mag for my M16A4, and at this point don't have the money for more mags, low, mid, or high.
Other than that I like the idea in the theory sense, and would play that way if not for the mag issue.
Gieger
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  Greybush Thu 01 May 2008, 19:59

The mid caps would be a better choice due to thats what most shops carry. mag mag are 100 rds. KA are 120rds. Those will still allow for some cover fire. For short burst.
Greybush
Greybush
OGR Gangster
OGR Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason@Statelineairpark Fri 02 May 2008, 12:21

Greybush wrote:The mid caps would be a better choice due to thats what most shops carry. mag mag are 100 rds. KA are 120rds. Those will still allow for some cover fire. For short burst.

Agreed,
I like where damian is going with this though. We all need to think out of the box from time to time. I would like a midcap only game on a local level. This will only bring out the hardcore players who are willing to buy a seperate set of mags for this game type. I know for a fact that the Airsoft Combat League will only allow midcaps for all players except saw gunners. Opps i opened my big mouth.

Jason
Jason@Statelineairpark
Jason@Statelineairpark
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

http://www.statelineairpark.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ti_vum Fri 02 May 2008, 17:10

Sweet Smile I got mids let me know when you guys want to try and set up date.
ti_vum
ti_vum
private

Back to top Go down

Post  gieger Fri 02 May 2008, 19:21

I got mids for the MP5 I can rock those, but for the M16 I will have to barrow or not use it for the time being.
Gieger
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  Raider53 Sat 03 May 2008, 02:07

Definitly down for that. Plus it will show how good you are with your trigger instead of spray & pray.
Raider53
Raider53
private

Location : Raiding your house then Raiding your refrigerator!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason@Statelineairpark Sat 03 May 2008, 13:53

Lets try it tonight during practice.

Jason
Jason@Statelineairpark
Jason@Statelineairpark
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

http://www.statelineairpark.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TeamPrecisionIT Sun 04 May 2008, 14:27

I played these past two weekends with nothing but mids for the MP5 and it has been great doing mag changes on the run and things of that nature. It makes me play more aggressively as far as positioning and stealth movements due to the fact that standing there for a long time and be engaged in a firefight is a little more challenging. If you guys haven't noticed, I like moving and moving efficiently. Not just stand at a position and fire. I am not claiming my style is better or worse, its just the way I play. I say we play the Saturday games where at least a series of games is played with nothing but mids or standards. Cover fire can be provided without having to put down 100+ rounds. I have on many occasions provided suppressive fire with less than 10-15 rounds. The trick is to shoot in short bursts of 2-3 rounds about a half second apart. Anyway, I have pretty much changed my load out for nothing but mids (90 rounds per mag) for regular play, but I also have a load out of standards as well (30 rounds per mag).

Damian

TeamPrecisionIT
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down