Stateline air park
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KWA KM4 CQB and KWA KM4S-TACTICAL

4 posters

Go down

KWA KM4 CQB and KWA KM4S-TACTICAL Empty Re: KWA KM4 CQB and KWA KM4S-TACTICAL

Post  SWIFT21 Wed 28 May 2008, 19:05

on the KWA's does the li-poly battery burnout your gun faster or is it the same as using a 8.4 but just shooting faster?
SWIFT21
SWIFT21
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  gieger Thu 29 May 2008, 06:52

Tivum, you want to answer this one?
Gieger
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  ti_vum Thu 29 May 2008, 16:09

Ok, I run lipoly. I have cooked one motor. Now I still rock the lipoy with trigger control. The reason the motor burned up was I had a 5000 rnd. electric box mag and ZERO trigger control. It was soo sweet though. My internals and gears are still in tip-top-shape. The general down fall of the KWA is the hop-up but that only comes up when you do prolonged full auto. All in all I've used the 8.4 battery and it seemed week. Nowere near as crisp trigger response as the 11.1 lipoly. I've also had a 9.6 intellect in my gun and ran very well. I still like the lipoly better though. You need to be smart about trigger control but if you can manage that you can't go wrong. I've started to use mid caps more and that helps alot with trigger control.
ti_vum
ti_vum
private

Back to top Go down

Post  fyrekev Thu 29 May 2008, 16:31

Here's the math with running a Li-poly battery. I believe that the internals of any given KWA are rated at approximately 50,000 rounds give or take. Even if they aren't, let's use that as a basis for this explanation. The Li-poly battery itself does not burn out the internals. What you have to consider is that if your gun is expected to need repairs at 50,000 rounds, that a Li-poly will make your gun reach this limit faster than a 9.6v or an 8.4v. So essentially, it isn't because of the battery, it's because of how fast you're pushing your limit. A 9.6v will reach 50,000 total rounds before an 8.4v and so on.

So what you have to consider is how much of a BB hose you want. I have a KWA and another on the way. With a 9.6v you're looking at a performance above and beyond most other guns, even those with upgrades. A Li-poly is going to do nothing more than increase your rate of fire, but trust me, a KWA with a 9.6v is a BB hose all in itself, and firing each one at approximately 400 feet per second. Between the Li-poly I've used and the Intellect 9.6v, I've seen a ROF difference of maybe 5 or 6 rounds per second. But regardless, when I start pushing the estimated work load limit of the gun, Li-poly or not, I can expect to have to begin replacing things. Just remember, all a Li-poly does is get you to that limit faster, it is NOT damaging your gun.
fyrekev
fyrekev
Lance corporal

http://www.myspace.com/firekev

Back to top Go down

Post  SWIFT21 Thu 29 May 2008, 17:22

So basically using a 9.6v and or a Li-Poly battery will make no difference in the ROF or the FPS?
SWIFT21
SWIFT21
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  gieger Fri 30 May 2008, 06:57

Li-Poly faster ROF, no difference in FPS.
9.6 a bit easier on full auto with reguard to motor heat build-up, what tivum was saying was he burned a motor doing prolonged full auto with his KWA with a 5000 rnd box mag.
That help?
Gieger
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  SWIFT21 Fri 30 May 2008, 07:40

Yeah so i would probably be easier just to use a 9.6v if your a little heavy one the triger. OOPS!! HAHA sounds like me.
SWIFT21
SWIFT21
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  gieger Fri 30 May 2008, 10:16

A little heavy isnt an issue... 5000 rounds continuos fire MIGHT do some damage to the motor, then again this would be the case on almost any gun without better components.

That was what Tivum attributes the cause to. I think it was a bad motor from the start, but that the 5000 rounds didn't help an already bad motor burn up quicker. Though a 9.6V is an OK alternative if the SIZE (of the battery) isn't an issue, and the charging times aren't an issue.
Two things not mentioned in this comparison of the li-poly vs. non.
Li-PO 15 min charge from dead to full.
Size: smaller than a small stick type or much smaller than a large stick type if you get the bigger one.
The difference is the MAH, the small style is something like 2k the large is double that 4k, but the shots per MAH according to the manufacturer are much higher.
I calculate mine as 1.5 mah per shot as a rough average, and that was dead on with my stock MP5 8.4 800 MAH battery, It doesn't seem to hold with the 8.4 1400 MAH intellect that seems like its closer to the 1.0 mah per shot, and my stock 8.4 3800 MAH battery for my M16A4 seems to follow closer to the intellect battery rather than the stock echo 1 battery.

The advertiser of the Li-Poly battery claims 15-20K rounds off one charge of a large type. Based on how much I have seen tivum shoot from his... this doesnt seem inaccurate, and he has the small type. Definitely does better than any of my 8.4 batteries for number of shots per charge. In fact Tivum generally plays for at least three games before he NEEDS to charge, and when he does it is complete in 15 minutes.
Gieger
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down