Stateline air park
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinions on haveing an aep as a side arm

+6
koscherness
Shottaker
brien
Drew
gieger
SirUber
10 posters

Go down

Opinions on haveing an aep as a side arm Empty Opinions on haveing an aep as a side arm

Post  SirUber Mon 07 Apr 2008, 23:07

I'm thinking of getting an aep as a sidearm ( so far choices are 1. well Mp7 2. Galaxy mp5k pdw 3. Cyma glock) so comment if you have any of these guns or know info on them.

Last edited by SirUber on Tue 08 Apr 2008, 19:52; edited 1 time in total
SirUber
SirUber
private 1st class

Back to top Go down

Opinions on haveing an aep as a side arm Empty Re: Opinions on haveing an aep as a side arm

Post  gieger Tue 08 Apr 2008, 04:25

I don't consider either the MP7 or MP5 pistols, rather small AEG's. I own the Echo 1 Mp5-K PDW and it is a great weapon for its purposes, awesome in CQB or as a back-up for a sniper, probably to large for the standard M4 toter to also wield this gun... it's bulkier and heavier than most pistols, and without the $60 shoulder harness there isn't a great way to carry this gun along with your main rifle and not have it severely impede you movement. For myself I use my MP5 as my CQB weapon and my back-up to my sniper rifle, though when I am sniping the MP5 is right beside my hand and very easy to get too, though I do not have to move about much sniping.
As far as pistols in general AEP's have the advantage of firing the same regardless of weather conditions versus a gas pistol, they are also much cheaper on the whole. The con is that they (pistols) do not shoot nearly as hard (I was shot in the back of the head at two feet with an electric pistol...It hurt, but if that was my brothers Gas hi-capa I would have been bleeding.) and are generally not going to be as accurate as an MP7/MP5 due to the slightly shorter barrel length usually 3-5 inches vice 7-9 with an MP5/MP7.
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Opinions on haveing an aep as a side arm Empty Re: Opinions on haveing an aep as a side arm

Post  SirUber Tue 08 Apr 2008, 08:22

I was heading more to the mp7 and mp5k anyway. Luckily i found a holster that will fit a mp5k or mp7 and i can get it at any home depot store . lol!
SirUber
SirUber
private 1st class

Back to top Go down

Post  Drew Tue 08 Apr 2008, 11:48

i own the well mp7 its great as a side arm but thats about it Smile
Drew
Drew
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  brien Tue 08 Apr 2008, 16:55

SirUber wrote:I was heading more to the mp7 and mp5k anyway. Luckily i found a holster that will fit a mp5k or mp7 and i can get it at any home depot store . lol!
will it fit an mp5? Question
brien
brien
Lance corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  SirUber Tue 08 Apr 2008, 19:02

uh not sure i haven't seen it but a normal drill holster for people building houses will work for mp7/mp5k here is one you can buy made by utg
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_102&products_id=499

Last edited by SirUber on Thu 17 Apr 2008, 17:13; edited 1 time in total
SirUber
SirUber
private 1st class

Back to top Go down

Post  Shottaker Tue 08 Apr 2008, 19:38

I uggest you get a automatic pistol just me though.
Shottaker
Shottaker
private 1st class

Back to top Go down

Post  SirUber Tue 08 Apr 2008, 19:48

Ya i was thinking that but i would like a mp7 or mp5k, just because they have larger batteries and i can use them for cqb.

Last edited by SirUber on Thu 17 Apr 2008, 17:13; edited 1 time in total
SirUber
SirUber
private 1st class

Back to top Go down

Post  koscherness Wed 16 Apr 2008, 12:15

i would not use any sidearm that required anything ,but bb's. it is a side arm a last resort. what if you are out of gas or battery power?
koscherness
koscherness
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  I.K. Wed 16 Apr 2008, 17:08

A sidearm isn't just a last resort (well depending upon your philosophy). A pistol or small smg is an excellent weapon for cqb or close ranges. If the user is adept with said weapon, a side arm can be a very compact, very manueverable asset.
Lets say you have to reload and you have a guy close in front of you whose about to cap you. You have 3 choices...
-Run like hell
-Reload your primary
-Take out you're secondary (with practice, this is faster than reloading your primary).
You can engage your adversary putting multiple, and hopefully accurate, rounds down range.
I totally agree with you in that a totally reliable springer is a nice thing to have around, but it won't stand up to your typical bullet hose!
A secondary weapon isn't just for looks and a last resort. Very Happy

I.K.
private

Location : About 200 yards away waiting for the wind to stop...

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason@Statelineairpark Wed 16 Apr 2008, 18:20

IK,
good point

Heres my .2$ worth, get a NBB co2 pistol and you are getting the best of both worlds. MP7's are also great guns as sidearms and can deploy as an SMG.

Jason
Jason@Statelineairpark
Jason@Statelineairpark
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

http://www.statelineairpark.com

Back to top Go down

Post  koscherness Wed 16 Apr 2008, 20:18

I.K. wrote:A sidearm isn't just a last resort (well depending upon your philosophy). A pistol or small smg is an excellent weapon for cqb or close ranges. If the user is adept with said weapon, a side arm can be a very compact, very manueverable asset.
Lets say you have to reload and you have a guy close in front of you whose about to cap you. You have 3 choices...
-Run like hell
-Reload your primary
-Take out you're secondary (with practice, this is faster than reloading your primary).
You can engage your adversary putting multiple, and hopefully accurate, rounds down range.
I totally agree with you in that a totally reliable springer is a nice thing to have around, but it won't stand up to your typical bullet hose!
A secondary weapon isn't just for looks and a last resort. Very Happy
thats a pretty good point you have there. Very Happy
koscherness
koscherness
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  TeamPrecisionIT Fri 27 Jun 2008, 22:41

koscherness wrote:i would not use any sidearm that required anything ,but bb's. it is a side arm a last resort. what if you are out of gas or battery power?

I know this is thread digging, but honestly, I had to respond to this. This is airsoft, so if you are out of batteries and/or gas, just call yourself out and sit out the game.

Damian

TeamPrecisionIT
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  RazoR Tue 15 Jul 2008, 10:31

This thread is kinda old but I thought i might add. An AEG (MP7 or MP5K) as your side arm is not such a good idea. The reason i say that is the drop leg you are gonna get for it is going to be horrible when you are trying to move quickly. The AEG is just a little to much weight to have flopping around on your leg.
RazoR
RazoR
private

Back to top Go down

Post  gieger Tue 15 Jul 2008, 10:41

I'd say it depends on the AEP.

I did want to ask though are we talking about a full-auto pistol? I am assuming (we know what happens when) that we are talking a stock semi-auto for this discussion.

The ones I have seen use really small batteries, 2-4 AAA or AA batteries, which when combined with the plastic have them in the weight range or less than most Metal/gas pistols.

From a reality sake I think the batteries if they were available on a metal gun would come darn close to simulating ammunition weight.

sniper (dragunov) Daniel what does your .357 weigh and you lug that thing about on a low drop holster???

In this sense it depends on how into realism you are, but lets all face facts... We are playing airsoft, at least in part, because the guns look like replica in use or historical rifles ET AL of war. This previous statement both vindicates the weight and damns the lack of noise associated with an AEP.
I bought an AEP for my dad, and though I wouldn't field that particular one, it was $15, I would field an AEP if I owned one as a missing portion of my arms can attest... I have no pistol.
Gieger
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  gieger Tue 15 Jul 2008, 10:50

RazoR wrote:This thread is kinda old but I thought i might add. An AEG (MP7 or MP5K) as your side arm is not such a good idea. The reason i say that is the drop leg you are gonna get for it is going to be horrible when you are trying to move quickly. The AEG is just a little to much weight to have flopping around on your leg.

Ah I see what your saying, now that I re-read your post... The holster of the best type that I have seen for the MP5-K is the shoulder holster. Though I have also seen a high belt fast remove holster which was essentially a role of Velcro that strapped around the trigger guard and attached to a belt.

The MP7 holster that I see most commonly is a necklace design that places the MP7 on the operators chest. I can't imagine that this is faster to get to than more historic arrangments, but I have seen several people with the MP7 all use this configuration.
Gieger
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum