Stateline air park
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for a new AEG...

+3
gieger
Jason@Statelineairpark
I.K.
7 posters

Go down

Looking for a new AEG... Empty Looking for a new AEG...

Post  I.K. Sat 05 Apr 2008, 15:40

I'm looking for a new AEG. I'd like to have something accurate (or something that can easily be made accurate) that has a good range. Personally I like to do a lot of running and don't mind getting close to the enemy, but considerable range is always useful. I don't want it to be any longer than an m14 length, and I'd like it to weigh 10 pounds or less (I'm just a skinny 14 year old!). Here are a couple of other key features:
-Metal Body!
-Availability of AFFORDABLE midcaps!
-FPS 350 or higher stock would be nice.
-Cost of gun itself about $300 or less.
-Ability to use a large battery stock would be nice (crane stock batteries are fine too).

The type of aeg doesn't matter to me. Lack of trades isn't a big deal either. I don't mind good clones!

Please give me your advice and any suggestions!

Thanks!

I.K.
private

Location : About 200 yards away waiting for the wind to stop...

Back to top Go down

Looking for a new AEG... Empty Re: Looking for a new AEG...

Post  Jason@Statelineairpark Sun 06 Apr 2008, 13:32

What you seek doesnt exist.... Razz lol Just kidding bro, I would suggest these ECHO1/DBOYS Models:

ECHO1 MP5a4
DBOYS MK12 MOD0
ECHO1 614 Crane version
ECHO1 MK12 MODJP (A Jason Custom Very Happy )

PM me for a quote
Jason
Jason@Statelineairpark
Jason@Statelineairpark
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

http://www.statelineairpark.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gieger Sun 06 Apr 2008, 15:59

http://store.matrixbb.com/servlet/-strse-29002/Matrix-Eagle-Custom-JG/Detail
Li-Poly ready.
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason@Statelineairpark Sat 19 Apr 2008, 10:25

Not bad for $160, but the ECHO1 614 can do the same and is better built.

Jason
Jason@Statelineairpark
Jason@Statelineairpark
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  koscherness Sat 19 Apr 2008, 12:28

a gun i was going to get before i got by Dboys was the TM P90. it is only like i think 250 or 280fps stock ,but since it is a TM it can be upgraded easily. my problem though was it is $250 for the gun. then, you have to upgrade. if you have a lot of money i would definitely recommend get this TM but if not, then go with those D-boys jason said.
koscherness
koscherness
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  I.K. Sat 19 Apr 2008, 14:04

I have considered a tm p90 before. It's pretty awesome, but I don't really want to drop much money one upgrades. Plus it's plastic... probably a nice abs, but metal is still more durable. I usually skirmish in an acre or two of wood around my house, and it's dense woods. We run fast paced games with a lot of running (and falling!) involved. That's why the p90 falls short the way I usually like to play. It (unless I dump a considerable mound of money into it upgrading the fps) would have trouble piercing through the occasional wall of brush, have a shorter range due to the fps, and would sooner or later bust because of the plastic.

About the li-poly thing. They seem very nice, but are very expensive. They seem ideal for people who like insane rof (I prefer semi-auto). They also have nice mah, but for cheaper I could get a nice 9.6/8.4v batteries and be just as happy.

I'm considering an a&k sr25 (yeah I know their enormous but my step dad would use it most of the time for sniping) or a CA g3 sar tacktik (g3 sg1). Maybe G&G m4... who knows.

Any one have anything bad to say about these choices?

Thanks!

I.K.
private

Back to top Go down

Post  koscherness Sat 19 Apr 2008, 20:58

that's a big reason why i didn't get it. i play in the woods as well.
koscherness
koscherness
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Greybush Wed 23 Apr 2008, 00:10

gieger wrote:http://store.matrixbb.com/servlet/-strse-29002/Matrix-Eagle-Custom-JG/Detail
Li-Poly ready.
Same as the JG or the Echo 1

The Li-poly batteries are fast. But they can cause shorter life span of your AEG. and even Damage due to the output. IMO they are not worth the price you take
Greybush
Greybush
OGR Gangster
OGR Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  gieger Wed 23 Apr 2008, 18:00

I agree that you certainly need to make sure your internals are of higher quality when using a li-poly battery.
However the li-poly charges dead to full in 15 minutes, lasts 2-3 X's the same MAH of a NIHM or NICD battery, and is still giving you a higher ROF.
Though they do run a bit more, and the chargers as well... You can get combo deals for mini or large type LI-POLY from $70-$100 which is cheaper than most NICE chargers alone, not including a 3500-4000 MAH battery.
There is a very good write up on the LI-PO batteries at evike.com...
the small type is 11V 1500 MAH, (this is the one my brother uses in both of his guns and his batteries outlast all of mine with a higher ROF and a faster charge, oh and they are smaller than my LARGE 1800 MAH 8.4V.
this one is a small type battery and charger for $80
IF YOUR GUN IS LI-POLY READY FROM THE BOX if not then you might want to look at upgrading to a LI-POLY ready full changeout gearbox or a gun that is already done this way, the second option is generally cheaper if you get a KWA, since systema full gearbox set-ups run $380 from Evike, and the majority of the KWA guns (full metal) is running $320-$380.

Last edited by Greybush on Wed 23 Apr 2008, 23:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spaming)
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  Greybush Wed 23 Apr 2008, 23:36

gieger do you have something to do with evike. Because you sure do advertise there web site on this forum alot a mean alot. I don't mind every now and then. Keep in mind this site does belong to a local shop here in Cheaspeake.
Greybush
Greybush
OGR Gangster
OGR Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  gieger Thu 24 Apr 2008, 19:18

No nothing at all do do with them, its just got a very extensive selection, I look for things there and buy other places, like the shop. Its a good place for research though since they have alot of the different items. I can remove future reference of the site if you like, but it is certainly not my intention to push customers away from the shop.
In fact I really would recommend people purchase from the shop because it helps the locals and supports the field. I won't even get into the awesome customer support from you guys at MBPB. etc.
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason@Statelineairpark Thu 24 Apr 2008, 19:29

Geiger it is greatly appreciated bro, you send alot of people my way, ok back on target.
sorry for the threadjack.
Jason@Statelineairpark
Jason@Statelineairpark
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  Greybush Thu 24 Apr 2008, 20:42

gieger wrote:No nothing at all do do with them, its just got a very extensive selection, I look for things there and buy other places, like the shop. Its a good place for research though since they have alot of the different items. I can remove future reference of the site if you like, but it is certainly not my intention to push customers away from the shop.
In fact I really would recommend people purchase from the shop because it helps the locals and supports the field. I won't even get into the awesome customer support from you guys at MBPB. etc.

That's cool you don't have to go to that extent.I would love to set this site up with a library of information. Maybe we should make a forum just for web links. Like Mechbox, 21st century and others. Thanks for the idea
Greybush
Greybush
OGR Gangster
OGR Gangster

Back to top Go down

Looking for a new AEG... Empty I got one!

Post  I.K. Tue 06 May 2008, 17:46

My new a&k sr25 came yesterday! More on this aeg on the thread I started on these new aegs...

Thanks for all of your replies!

I.K.
private

Back to top Go down

Post  Raider53 Tue 06 May 2008, 23:03

Gieger does do a lot of research on evike but before I even got into this sport he highly recommended you guys first. After he told me of the store, I checked it out myself & talk to you greybush. You guys really did help me a lot in making the right choices. I bought a Dboys m4, UTG multi shotgun, & a T-400. The shop is awesome but most importantly the right people are working it. Big ups to all.
Raider53
Raider53
private

Location : Raiding your house then Raiding your refrigerator!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  SWIFT21 Wed 07 May 2008, 12:09

to right Jason, Greybush, and everybody else from masterblasters and everybody who plays has help me out so much and given me hints and tips that make me a better airsofter and overall great people and atmosphere. THANK YOU TO EVERYBODY THAT HAS HELPED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SWIFT21
SWIFT21
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum