Stateline air park
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JG M16A4 DMR / RIS

3 posters

Go down

JG M16A4 DMR / RIS Empty JG M16A4 DMR / RIS

Post  gieger Sun 30 Mar 2008, 14:41

Well, I just got my M16A4 by JG.
Cost: $125 (not including delivery)
Specs: Box states it shoots 330 FPS, Haven't gotten a chance to Chrono it yet.
Build: There is sometimes a reason an AEG is cheap, materials fit and finish are the reasons for this ones price, Ironically the gun shoots very fast and feels very good shooting in both semi and full auto. Getting the mags in the [plastic reciever (ugh)] is a bit tricky the metal mags seem to bind on the plastic body of the gun. I had to disassemble and then reassemble the entire foreguard RIS system because it was not assembled correctly, I also tightened the barrel/body connector due to looseness and play, and needed to tighten the butt plate main screw also becuase of flex and looseness.

The gun flex's alot, way more than is healthy and the cause seems the actual plastic body. It is just not strong enough with all the weight of the Ris and the pressure from the butt stock, and these two places pretty much sandwhich the cheap plastic body. I found metal bodies both plain and engraved for the m4/m16 on EVIKE for $70 $82 with shipping, that comes with all the metal pieces attached to the body other than the carry handle.

The included carry handle is also plastic (all the components attached are metal) but due to the handles design is sturdy, though I wouldn't want to drop the rifle on the handle from a truck bed height, it will allow functional carrying. There is an upgrade (I saw this one at EVIKE) that was about $34 and is fully metal and looks really nice, so there you go if that bugs you like it does me). The Ris system is heavy, it is two M4 Ris systems connected above and below and its got a long barrel even after the RIS ends. The buttstock has a very large holding capacity. My gun came with an 8.4 3500 Mah battery and it shifts around inside because the storage room inside the stock is so large. Some foam padding is a must to keep a large size battery from moving if you were brave enough to put a Li-Poly in this, you would need a significant ammount of material to weight and pad the rear. I have not torn the gun down and examined the internals but when I get the metal body for this gun I will be doing this and judge how well the gearbox etc is made.

All in all I am not displeased, though I definitely plan on getting a metal body for this gun, If it weren't for that one fact I think I would have been extremely happy with the purchase. Although the price is $125 I would plan on $200 at least. I am worried that if I drop this gun from any height above say 6 inches that it would break the plastic body.

Firing: I have sent about 600 rounds through the gun trying it out and making sure the scope/hop-up were what I wanted and WOW. If I had to sum it up in one word it would be consistency. One after another after another hit after hit after hit. I actually began writing my name with it, and I could have easily though I had to wind the mag. Did I mention the Obscene ROF? If I had to analyze the internals without looking (which I am...and haven't) I would guess a M100 spring and a motor capable of operation on an m120 or maybe a little better. The firing sounds SOLID, Even with a mostly uncharged battery I put about 150 rounds through it and the internals, though I knew the battery had little to no juice, sounded like they weren't having any issue. Then I charged the battery and my eyes lit up and I started laughing maniacally as I dodged the ricochets from my full-auto fire. This gun for a measly $125 will put out a BB laser with the best of them exept the line is razor straight.

Overall: It is a cheap gun, but the internals seem very nice for the price suprisingly. For a small $70 investment you will get a full metal M16A4 DMR/RIS for less than 200 that shoots very nicely.

Recomdations: Do not place a barrel extention/mock suppressor on this gun, it would end up about 1.2-1.6 meters in length and bring the barrel down even lower. Stock length is just a tad over a meter in length, or 15 inches longer than my Bro's M4 CQB with the stock retracted and 10 inches longer than the same gun with the stock fully extended. M4 player will notice a bit more length between the front sight and muzzle/flash suppressor, but the largest show area for the additional length is the handguard, which is twice the length of a standard M4. What use is all this extra length? Well if I needed to mount a hummer to my RIS I wouldn't run out of space. For those of you that have largish accesories that were retired when smaller alternatives were purchased, you can dig your old stuff out and still have plenty of room for a full length scope if desired, the light, laser, Coffee cup mount, bipod, rearview mirror, forward carry handle (yes the really comfy ergonomic one) and a grenade launcher. Not that I would recommend those accesories exactly but if its on a bipod and you have a box or C mag why not.

This would not be a bad gun to make a hurricane out of for really cheap. You need to buy the body kit seperately anyway... or fabricate the top part of the reciever like the M-60... get a box mag, some fake bullets on a string and a huge flash hider/mini mock suppressor but what the hey.

OK well thats about all I can say about that....Any questions?
Gieger
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

JG M16A4 DMR / RIS Empty Re: JG M16A4 DMR / RIS

Post  koscherness Sun 30 Mar 2008, 20:56

other than the plastic body that sounds like a good gun. jg/echo 1 usually have good guns. i have never heard a bad review about them. i wish i did this good of a review on my gun. Very Happy good job man.
koscherness
koscherness
Corporal

Back to top Go down

JG M16A4 DMR / RIS Empty Firing report

Post  gieger Sun 06 Apr 2008, 16:14

Well I shot my Brothers brother-in-law with the M16....
Well actually He got shot by...
UTG L-96
JG M16A4
KWA M4 CQB
Echo-1 MP5-K PDW
Dboys M4 S system
and
His pump 3 shot shotgun.

After getting shot like a tied up Goat, his statement was that the JG M16A4 hurt the worst, followed by the KWA M4 CQB, though he did complain that I shot him right on the edge of his shoulder blade so it might have been where he was shot more than what shot him.
Gieger
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  brien Sun 06 Apr 2008, 16:18

haha your so nice to him
brien
brien
Lance corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  gieger Sun 06 Apr 2008, 16:23

Hey,
In our defense.... Everyone should be shot by there gun.
In this case it turned into a who's gun hurts the worst.
Gieger
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  brien Sun 06 Apr 2008, 16:26

ha ha was it at least fun?
brien
brien
Lance corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  gieger Sun 06 Apr 2008, 16:30

Shooting a person who doesn't have a gun in their hands, and doesn't know better, was utterly enjoyable.
Plus we gave him some good welcome to airsoft training.
Gieger
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  brien Sun 06 Apr 2008, 16:35

yeah like..."this is why you wear a cup"...POP!
brien
brien
Lance corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum