Stateline air park
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

uhm.....i think i need some help.

4 posters

Go down

uhm.....i think i need some help. Empty uhm.....i think i need some help.

Post  koscherness Thu 27 Mar 2008, 13:36

uhm.....i think i need some help. P3270079sn4.th
uhm.....i think i need some help. P3270080qv8.th

this is my first electric gun. it is or was a echo1 mp5j. it was a good gun for a while. then it just fell apart. the stock kept faling out and the battery compartment kept falling off as well. the fake cocking piece came off too. then the gun stopped firing. i maybe put 5-7 thousand rounds into it. after it broke i took it apart just to see if i could find the problem. i researched how to do this online and prior to this i checked the battery and it was fine. when i took it apart i didn't know about you guys. i looked and found no websites on google about airsoft anywhere within like 2 hours of where i lived. i took it apart and saw nothing wrong. i then took out a metal piece in the handgrip and found out it was a motor. i had to cut 2 wires on the motor to get it out.(i figured it was borken for good so what the heck?) now finnaly for my wuestion. i want to know if i take it to the shop would there be any way to fix it. obviously you would not do it for free. I UNDERSTAND THAT. BELIEVE ME. i also know i will have to buy a new motor. if yiou co8ld please do this for me that would be great. please tell me the cost as soon as you can. the wiring is for the battery. the hand gourd is the bottom covering under the barrel. it is not in the picture but i have it. it attaches to he barrel with a pin. you put the battery on the hand guard. it is the jg/echo1 mp5j

Last edited by koscherness on Thu 27 Mar 2008, 13:53; edited 2 times in total
koscherness
koscherness
Corporal

Back to top Go down

uhm.....i think i need some help. Empty Re: uhm.....i think i need some help.

Post  gieger Thu 27 Mar 2008, 13:41

When zoomed the Pic is blurry. I see wiring sticking out of the lower tube, and no hand guard, can you describe what happened?
Looks like an MP5... what Version?
Gieger
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  koscherness Thu 27 Mar 2008, 13:55

the wiring is for the battery. the hand gourd is the bottom covering under the barrel. it is not in the picture but i have it. it attaches to he barrel with a pin. you put the battery on the hand guard. it is the jg/echo1 mp5j
koscherness
koscherness
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  gieger Thu 27 Mar 2008, 15:34

OK I gotcha.
I don't work at the store, but would tell you that at this point that would be the safest place to begin repairing the gun.
The pin that holds the handguard should be a locking type,

http://store.matrixbb.com/servlet/-strse-26110/ICS-MP5-A-Series/Detail
(couldn't get the url thing to work for the above link).

This pin is for the ICS MP5 but may work for your gun its $7... if it is not a locking type pin like mine, you should be able to get that from several online stores, under parts. That will solve the problem of the handguard falling off.
Second a motor is a pretty big choice depending on a great deal of things. are you wanting faster ROF or more FPS, that is a big difference from say the systema turbo motors versus the systema high torque motors.
The wiring that you cut was from the motor correct? If that is the case you might want to get an entire gearbox assembly...pre-assembled. check out this one.

http://store.matrixbb.com/servlet/-strse-28110/Complete-Reinforced-Gearbox-for/Detail

its $50, and would take care of the wiring issue as well as any wear and tear that may have happened from the rounds put through the other one.
Below is a link to a cheaper motor to get you running again, read the comments above to fine tune motor selection and plan on spending for a nice motor between $45-$60 (average systema motor prices)

http://store.matrixbb.com/servlet/-strse-25612/R-dsh-tech-Long-Type-A.E.G./Detail

This motor is $25 and will work for your gun, though again if you are looking to upgrade etc do it all at once and save yourself some time/money and do it now.
So that would be what you would need from what you have said to get the gun working, and some prices, the order would be almost $85 throw in a few other odds and ends items like BB's and you could get the free shipping.
Now having seen this I would talk to the guys at the stores and see what they would charge/how much time it would take. If you are not comfortable doing these things let the pro's do it, it will get your gun working faster, better, and cheaper than trying to do it yourself and learning all the lessons these guys have the hard way.
and Good luck.
Gieger
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  koscherness Thu 27 Mar 2008, 15:47

whoa. i could not have asked for a better reply man. thanks a lot dude. everything that you have presumed about the wiring etc. is correct. thanks a lot. i don't really want an expensive upgrade. i really just want my gun working again. these parts seem reasonably priced for my budget. thanks.
koscherness
koscherness
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  gieger Thu 27 Mar 2008, 15:50

Just realize Kosch that you might get a better deal (installed) by going through the shop. Otherwise you might spend $100 for the parts then another $100 for labor, whereas ordering through the shop etc might save you the labor cost even if the parts are a bit more.
Definitely talk to the shop though either way and figure that into your budget.
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  koscherness Thu 27 Mar 2008, 15:54

ill try and make another post or put a link to this post in the order section thanks for the heads up.
koscherness
koscherness
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  gieger Thu 27 Mar 2008, 17:27

Kosch, here is an dis-assembly video for an MP5, it might help in reference to your issues, I will also post the link to the re-assembly video also for the MP5.
http://www.mechbox.com/site/upgrades/mp5-upgrades/mp5-disassembly-video.html

http://www.mechbox.com/site/upgrades/mp5-upgrades/mp5-reassembly-video.html

These videos are great, and specifically for the MP5-J though other than the front parts like my handle on my K-PDW variant everything else is the same. These are for plastic two half guns, so if you have a metal one it might be different from what is shown in the video but at that point you will be able to figure it out.
If you surf about the sight they also have the M733 M4/M16 assembly and disassembly video's and I think some AUG and G-36 vids as well.
Thanks to J-bird for showing me this sight.
Gieger
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  koscherness Fri 28 Mar 2008, 16:04

if i were to drop a m80 or stock marui spring would i have to upgrade anything? i wanna play cqb a little and we are putting are guns at like 280-300.
koscherness
koscherness
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  gieger Fri 28 Mar 2008, 17:20

If you got that complete gear box I linked for you, it has a M110 spring.
Other than that if you stay around the 80-110 size you can just swap in and out springs, anything higher and you will need to begin upgrades internally.
Gieger
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  koscherness Sat 29 Mar 2008, 10:43

so even though it increases the rate of fire, i dont need to upgrade anything to put a stock marui(m70-80) spring in? i dont know if i will get the gearbox or not. i know i will definitely get the motor.(cause i have to)
koscherness
koscherness
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  gieger Sat 29 Mar 2008, 11:45

to increase rof you are using a lesser spring in other words more rof less fps. you should get a turbo motor if your concentrating on rof over fps.
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  koscherness Sun 30 Mar 2008, 18:48

so no upgrades are required?(except for the motor)
koscherness
koscherness
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason@Statelineairpark Sun 30 Mar 2008, 18:58

you will need to replace the wiring harness since you said you cut the motor wires. Bring it in and Greybush or I will give you a quote.

Thanks,
Jason
Jason@Statelineairpark
Jason@Statelineairpark
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

http://www.statelineairpark.com

Back to top Go down

Post  koscherness Sun 30 Mar 2008, 20:41

thaqnks i'll do that as soon as i can. probably a stupid question, but what is a wiring harness?
koscherness
koscherness
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  gieger Tue 01 Apr 2008, 09:37

wiring harness is simply the actual set of wires, usually bound together, that an object needs to distribute its electricity throughout. Your car also has a wiring harness though its much more involved. On the AEG its the connection between the battery, motor and trigger/safety that allows all the other parts to work together to place your BB's where they were aimed.
Gieger
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  koscherness Sat 05 Apr 2008, 09:28

ok.thanks.
koscherness
koscherness
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason@Statelineairpark Sun 06 Apr 2008, 13:35

That would be the thing you cut that supplies power to your motor and mechbox trigger switch.

Jason
Jason@Statelineairpark
Jason@Statelineairpark
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

http://www.statelineairpark.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brien Sun 06 Apr 2008, 13:38

dang man im thinkin about getin the same model i hope this dosnt hapin to me!
brien
brien
Lance corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  koscherness Sun 13 Apr 2008, 12:55

i am now ending this post.(not sure how to delete) i took it to master blasters and the gearbox shell is cracked.(not a great big one ,but all the same cracked) i will sell it for parts or the whole thing. please see it in the buy/sell/trade section. thanks for all your guys' help. yall are awesome
koscherness
koscherness
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum