Stateline air park
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OGR and Stateline have a new Mascot!

3 posters

Go down

OGR and Stateline have a new Mascot! Empty OGR and Stateline have a new Mascot!

Post  Penny Wed 10 Sep 2008, 22:16

I hope all will be at the field Saturday night 13th to meet General Jackie Oden, Jackie for short!

She has put up a great fight and managed to hold off 6 people and a jeep all on her own protecting the kill house and the portajon! Ask Jason for the debriefing on that mission.

OGR and Stateline have a new Mascot! 20020101_01

OGR and Stateline have a new Mascot! 20020101_02

OGR and Stateline have a new Mascot! 20020101_03

OGR and Stateline have a new Mascot! 20020101_04

OGR and Stateline have a new Mascot! 20020101_05

Just in case the pictures did not show for you, here is the link

https://s288.photobucket.com/albums/ll194/dkombres/Jackie/?albumview=grid

The Story:

Jackie is a Bull Terrier ( Damion I will have your $50.00 after the 15th hun but I do have something to show you that might make the deal null and void) that was left to fend for her self and took to the kill house for shelter. Dave was leaving food and water for her so she would be ok but Hanna was coming and as Hanna passed the weather was fine enough for a night game and out we all went. Jason was there first and then I arrived. Scared and on protect mode, Jackie was not going to let Jason or I into the kill house or out of our cars. With a bit of love and tact on some very special peoples part ( thank you all ), the kill house was taken back and the prisoner was brought out with tail wagging. Jackie has found a home where she has the love, a soft new bed to sleep in and plenty of people to enjoy. And thats not the end of it, she has toys, chew bones and a vet visit on the way ( shhhh don't tell her).

She has enjoyed her days at work with me, her bath and nails done, a new harness along with lots of hugs and kisses. She is a block head true enough as she wants things her way but B.B. ( a shihtzu) keeps her in line. She is still learning the rules of the house but has lots of energy to take to the field.

SHE IS ONE ROUGH AND TOUGH GENERAL!!!

My out look on this:

Over a year ago, I lost my very best friend and daughter to cancer ( my dobie) and then Nick's best friend was put down ( Nicks rottie), this past year, Russ had to let go of his little friend ( his field spanial) so many of our lives has been changed and left each of us with a huge void that we have been talking about filling. Each of us wanted something different which made it hard on us to fill the void while living in a townhouse. Russ wanted a truck dog, someone who would enjoy going for rides with him, Nick wanted a friend that was going to play rough yet have a gental side and I wanted a friend that would be there for me when I needed her and to watch over me when I needed it as well as someone to cry on when I needed a fury shoulder to lean on. So you see, the three fates had their hands full in leading us in the right direction. But for some strange reason, on the 6th, the skies cleared as I got home and the need to go to the field was pulling me there and thats where Jackie was and our voids have been filled by a very special breed of dog that niether of us would have even thought about getting but she is everything all of us wanted. She has the need to love everyone, the furry shoulder to lean on and she gives it willingly, will run to the jeep or car faster than you can just to go for a ride, a huge heart and the rough and tough side that loves to play.

To Dave and his wonderful wife,

Thank you so much for such a gift.

Last edited by Penny on Thu 11 Sep 2008, 08:16; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : adding photos)
Penny
Penny
Corporal

http://www.geocities.com/ombres_haven/

Back to top Go down

OGR and Stateline have a new Mascot! Empty renew mascot

Post  Russ Thu 11 Sep 2008, 22:19

that is one tuff looking dog with her red harness and all its no wonder that she held out the kill house for so long lol seeing she wouldnt let me have my pillows and the bottom corner of my bed all that is left is for me to fix the truck and get my new truck dog into it and hit the feild and play see yall soon russ
Russ
Russ
private

Back to top Go down

OGR and Stateline have a new Mascot! Empty Re: OGR and Stateline have a new Mascot!

Post  Greybush Thu 11 Sep 2008, 23:48

Penny Thank you for taking Jackie. It's unbelievable that someone would just drop a baby off. Flo and I are not over the loss of ours yet. David had called me to see if it was something we would like. I did have to turn him down. I'm glad she dicided to hang around until you could get there. We all are someones angel , it's just waiting for the right needed moment. I'm so gald that you were jackie's. Thank you again and may you recieve many joyful years with your new sunshine.
Greybush
Greybush
OGR Gangster
OGR Gangster

Back to top Go down

OGR and Stateline have a new Mascot! Empty Re: OGR and Stateline have a new Mascot!

Post  Penny Fri 12 Sep 2008, 19:35

Your welcome J Bird, and you are so right. We all have angels and I am so glad I could be Jackies as she is mine.

People can be so heartless and mean when they just drop animals like that but in this case, it has me puzzled. This is a breed of dog that costs alot and is hard to find on the east cost. Why would someone just leave her? I know the answers will never be found but it's a mystery that will keep me thinking everytime I look at her sweet face.

Jackie will also be going through some obedience training. She is already smart and willing to make you happy but she is still a blockhead that needs to learn her place and do as she is told. Bull Terriers can be bullies towards other dogs and can get agressive towards other animals in general. The better trained they are the easier it is to handle them. Thankfully I am use to dealing with Rotties and Dobies and the training for them is the same. The hardest one i have ever had to train is the shihtzu and he still doesn't listen. LMAO

Damian, this will explain what I had said at the field that night but all in all you were right.

History of the English Bull Terrier:
The Bull Terrier is a British breed of dog. Its predecessors were developed for the purposes of pit fighting, in the middle of the 19th century. The "sporting enthusiasts" of that time loved to bet on dog fights, bull fights, bear fights, etc. Some of them decided to mate two formidable breeds of dog, the Bull Dog and the Black and Tan Terrier (which is now extinct). They wanted to combine the Bull Dog's tenacity, courage and high threshold of pain, with the terrier's lightening speed, agility and unsurpassed ratting (eg.,killing) instinct. What resulted was an extremely rugged dog, well suited for pit fighting, which is still popular in parts of the world to this day. It was not a pretty dog. It had bowed legs, and its colors have been described as "smutty". It was called the Bull and Terrier dog. On the other side of this not so pretty picture, is the fact that the dog had unfaltering devotion to its owner.
It got the reputation as a "canine gladiator", a juggernaut in a fight and would fight to the death for his master. Some of the owners of this breed found other uses for the dog as well. They used it for sheep herding and hunting, as well as vermin control. Mr. James Hinks, of Birmingham, England, decided to cross another dog into the gene pool of the Bull and Terrier, that of the White English Terrier. He thought that the gentlemen of the day would enjoy a distinctive looking and loyal companion as well as a bodyguard. The result was an all white Bull Terrier, refered to as "The White Cavalier". The White English Terrier is another distinct breed that is now extinct, but its genes are being carried by the Bull Terrier to this day. Other Bull and Terrier breeders also utilized the "White Cavalier" in their breeding as well as the Bull Mastif in order that the colors of their dogs would become more defined. This also gave the Bull and Terrier a more elegant line, a little more graceful in bearing, and the legs were no longer bowed. It seemed that Mr. Hinks decided to add in few other ingredients into the genetic soup as well. The Dalmatian, Greyhound, the Spanish Pointer, Foxhound and the Borzoi were used like a cook would use spices in the kitchen. A pinch here and a dollop there. The Bull and Terrier went through many changes at the hands of Mr. Hinks and other breeders, on its way to become the Bull Terrier we know today.
In 1888 the Bull Terrier standard was published by the Bull Terrier Club in England. The breed was recognized by the American Kennel Club in 1895. In 1992 the A.K.C. recognized that there were now two size differences, the Standard Bull Terrier - that measures more than 14 inches in height to the withers. And the Miniature Bull Terrier, that measures 10 to 14 inches in height to the withers. That is the only difference. The rest of the standard is the same for both.
The colored Bull Terrier gained recognition as an A.K.C. variety in 1936. The colored Bull Terrier was a result of the outcrossing of the Bull and Terrier breed with the Staffordshire Bull Terrier. It may be important to realize that the white color is a dominant trait in this breed. White crossed to white produces white puppies.
In 1987, the Bull Terrier gained quite an audience when Spuds MacKenzie made "his" debut in the Bud Light commercials for Anheuser-Busch Beer Company. What some people didn't realize was that "Spuds" was a she. Mostly, these sets of commercials just showed that some people have no sense of humor.
The Bull Terrier Club of America and the breeders of the Bull Terrier have done a good job of keeping the Bull Terrier a healthy and consistent breed of dog. As with all things, there are some good and bad in any group. Be careful when purchasing this breed, as temperament is equally important as the body line and proportions.
Penny
Penny
Corporal

http://www.geocities.com/ombres_haven/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down