Stateline air park
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why I think Systema is ridiculous...

+4
Field Joe
SWIFT21
Sgt. Viper
I.K.
8 posters

Go down

Why I think Systema is ridiculous... Empty Why I think Systema is ridiculous...

Post  I.K. Tue 26 Aug 2008, 15:50

The price for a Systema AEG is obscene because you can buy real, high grade firearms for around the same price!

For example: The German gsg5 is an MP5 clone that fires .22lr. Its costs $500. It is not a genuine H&K, but it fires inexpensive and fun to shoot rounds... for half the price of a systema MP5. Note that it is reliable and made from high quality materials.

I also found semi automatic mp5's for $1,200, also not from H&K. Anything full auto costs a lot more (I'm pretty sure H&K mostly produces fully automatic MP5's anyway.

You can get a genuine, unused m4 for under the price of a Systema m4. I think DPMS weapons (which are not bad at all) start in the late $900's, Colts and Bushmasters at about $1500. Noveske's most basic m4 costs about $1600.

A 30 round magpul pts mag can be purchased for $15 bucks, they are suprisingly cheap. Most other 30 round metal mags can be at a range of prices, both more and less expensive than the systema mags.

One arguing in favor of a Systema might say that they are great for training. The counter argument is simunition. They are rubber bullets, louder than airsoft but not quite as loud as an actual bullet, hurt like a dog, have recoil but not as much as real rounds, and they're accurate and effective past 100 yards. All that information from my step dad, who has used sim rounds quite a bit. They cost about a quarter of the price of a systema gun, since all you need to do is swap out the barrel and upper receiver.

Simunition cannot be pleasantly used for recreation... LOL!

Airsoft guns are for recreation. Systema is just trying to be something they are not and cost a lot of money.

If anyone has anything to add, please respond!

Thanks for reading and hopefully responding! Very Happy

I.K.

I.K.
private

Location : About 200 yards away waiting for the wind to stop...

Back to top Go down

Why I think Systema is ridiculous... Empty Re: Why I think Systema is ridiculous...

Post  Sgt. Viper Tue 26 Aug 2008, 19:45

You know, I am glad I am not the only one that feels Systema is a bit over priced. There is a fine line between realism and recreational simulation. Systema is over rated leave it at that
Sgt. Viper
Sgt. Viper
private 1st class

Back to top Go down

Why I think Systema is ridiculous... Empty Re: Why I think Systema is ridiculous...

Post  SWIFT21 Tue 26 Aug 2008, 21:22

ICS and KWA are the best for there money and in my personal opinion kick just as much donkey as a Systema and I think Drew's the one who said that "an ICS is a poor mans Systema but is just as bad ass"
SWIFT21
SWIFT21
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Field Joe Wed 27 Aug 2008, 00:59

and you can even make a d-boys shoot as good as a systema for less
Field Joe
Field Joe
Corporal

http://www.myspace.com/fieldjoe

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackWidow Wed 27 Aug 2008, 04:12

well guys think of it this way, for anyone that has played paintball, think back when angels started to breach past the 1000$ mark. Everyone thought they were crazy and would never sell, but they did, and sold alot. Systema guns give you the best realism i have seen out there, shooting one at blackstone was pretty cool to me, i wouldnt mind having one myself but i dont think i would be ready for it just yet. Yes systema may be a bit expensive but think about it, they are moving in a direction that most companies will move forward to and drive their prices down(theoretically). like i said b4 with paintball, a new release DM8 was about 1600$ am i right. people will spend the money bc they know it will work and reliably work. just dont diss a gun bc its expensive, a gun doesnt make a player, the player makes the gun nomatter how upgraded it is, just helps.
BlackWidow
BlackWidow
Lance corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  I.K. Wed 27 Aug 2008, 10:12

I'm sure Systema performs better than anything out there, but I have found something which seems to be more realistic and might even perform as well... for $600!

A company called rap4 makes airsoft and paintball guns which can put out more than 400 fps, use shells, and use a realistic blowback action.

Check 'em out, they're pretty cool.

realactionpaintball.com

I.K.
private

Back to top Go down

Post  Field Joe Wed 27 Aug 2008, 15:25

thats funny ive been talking about that company for a few months
im also a rep for them
Field Joe
Field Joe
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  I.K. Wed 27 Aug 2008, 18:01

You sell them and get 10% of the profit, right?

Do you own one yourself or have anything to say in regards to their performance?

Just curious!

I.K.
private

Back to top Go down

Post  Field Joe Wed 27 Aug 2008, 19:37

their performance is awesome as long as you keep them maintained they even work in water and convert back and forth from airsoft to paintball by removing the inner barrel they operate off of co2 compressed air and nitrogen and can shoot upwards of 75 yards (225 feet) the mets edition shoots about 430 fps and stops shooting when the mag is empty
Field Joe
Field Joe
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  I.K. Thu 28 Aug 2008, 10:20

Nice... are the prices the same as the web site? They're not too cheap!

Personally the shell ejection is cool but could get to be a hassle. Personally, I would use something to catch my brass, which sort of takes the point out of shells.

So do you actually own one? If so, what do you think of the .43 cal balls vs. .68 cal balls?

Sorry for asking so many questions!

I.K.
private

Back to top Go down

Post  Field Joe Thu 28 Aug 2008, 14:26

i dont own one but i have used one the .43 balls are cheaper and they are more accurate they also have a shell catcher like the one spec ops uses in field
Field Joe
Field Joe
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  RazoR Wed 03 Sep 2008, 22:34

I don't know if any of you have ever held a Systema PTW, but when/ if you do you may understand why they cost so much. They are the closest possible recreation of an M4 or M4A1. If the weapon is used as designed (as a training aid) it is worth the cost. The only possible weapon to compete with it is the M4 or M4A1 with simround modification. When you add up the cost of a gov' issue weapon and simround modification, the Sytema PTW doesn't look like a bad idea. Not to mention a "mishap" with an airsoft gun is alot better than a "mishap" with a simround, or worse a blank.
RazoR
RazoR
private

Back to top Go down

Post  Drew Fri 05 Sep 2008, 21:03

RazoR wrote:I don't know if any of you have ever held a Systema PTW, but when/ if you do you may understand why they cost so much. They are the closest possible recreation of an M4 or M4A1. If the weapon is used as designed (as a training aid) it is worth the cost. The only possible weapon to compete with it is the M4 or M4A1 with simround modification. When you add up the cost of a gov' issue weapon and simround modification, the Sytema PTW doesn't look like a bad idea. Not to mention a "mishap" with an airsoft gun is alot better than a "mishap" with a simround, or worse a blank.

well put bro you cant judge a systema til you hold and shoot one
Drew
Drew
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  I.K. Mon 08 Sep 2008, 15:56

I'm not saying that they aren't necessarily the best stock guns on the market. I'm sure they are. It's just that a replica shouldn't cost more than the high grade weapon it replicates... and Systemas do.

Simunition is more dangerous than airsoft by at least 10 fold, but simunition is for training soldiers. An airsoft gun cannot be compared to simunition as a training tool. Airsoft is for people looking for some fun... and there's nothing wrong with that Very Happy !

I.K.
private

Back to top Go down

Post  gieger Tue 28 Oct 2008, 12:13

I agree that SYSTEMA's are really expensive, and are essentially doing the same job as any other airsoft gun. That being said the difference between a Ferrari and a Fiero is what you are comparing here. They are both sport cars, but there is a world of difference.

I also agree that the replica firearm (airsoft gun) should not be costing around the price of an actual REAL STEEL weapon, however, the price is dictated by what people/consumers are willing to spend, not by a retailer setting an arbitrary price and sticking with it no matter what.

Also there are some things that might mitigate the above.
1. limited production numbers increase cost. Real steel firearms are being produced in much higher numbers than this particular line of airsoft guns.
2. It is hard to put a price on quality. Whether that be high quality in the entire product, the products support, or other variables.
3. Systemas include there product line of guts for the airsoft gun, individually these "upgrades" would cost you as much or more than just buying the systema and getting it all assembled in a waranted package.

summation:
If you don't want to spend that much on an airsoft gun don't buy one. The easiest way to show your displeasure/support is CASH! The systema (from what I have seen and heard from experienced players) is very nice, very true to life repligun with extremely exacting quality control, and a very nice waranty etc. These are things you are paying for. Is it too much of a price tag, alot of owners of these guns don't think so, and they were running the gambit of weapons just like the majority of us are. The topper to all this though is that I got a surplus rifle at the gun show a few weeks back for $125 out the door and with the background check. It does by the way have a perfect barrel was an "unissued weapon" and after getting off all the comsmoline has all matching numbers. That is less for real steel than I paid for severa (actually all I think)l of my airsoft guns. And though I didn't get ripped off by any means there are models out there real steal for ~$80 dealer to dealer transfer, some you have to pay to ship other are free shipping, so when was the last time you found an airsoft gun that will do a great job out to 500 meters for $80?
Gieger
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  I.K. Wed 29 Oct 2008, 17:30

Ah, Russian milsurp. The ammos cheap too!

Just out of curiosity, what sort of mosin do you have?

I agree with what you say about systema, but maybe using something the price of a nice m4 is taking a game a little too far (In my opinion and I do not believe everyone needs to agree with me by any means, just saying Smile ).

To sum it all up, they are great guns (judging by what people say, never used one!), especially for anyone who wants to pay the price.

I.K.
private

Back to top Go down

Post  gieger Mon 03 Nov 2008, 11:11

You can get all the particulars of my weapon in the miscelaneous thread about Gieger being back, (M91-30 Mosin nagant 7.62x54R). Got a bag of 50 rounds for $18 Bulgarian Manufacture circa 1955, 188gr heavy ball. Nice rounds did a number on a hot water heater and the washing machine behind it and the ground under/behind that as well. That was at 54M, range limited due to safety and property lines.
Gieger
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down