Stateline air park
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mount on the JG AK-SVD?

3 posters

Go down

Mount on the JG AK-SVD? Empty Mount on the JG AK-SVD?

Post  BNFox Sat 28 Jun 2008, 18:57

Does anyone have any good tips on what type of Rail to put on the JG AK-SVD, and what is the best way to attach it to the actual gun. A recommendation on what would be a good scope would be great as well. I am thinking about getting one and i was just wondering how to set a scope mount on it and if anyone knows how the gun performs. Also what is the best way to mount the sling on that model, i was just a little worried about the plastic stock and possible barrel alignment. I really like the look of the SVD; even though it is not the classic Dragunov look, and i have heard some mixed things about it. I know there was one at the shop a few weeks ago, but i do think it has sold since then. So any help would be great and i look forward to making it back out to the park sometime soon (I was out there on June 14th for the night game). Thanks alot guys for any advice you can give.

BNFox (aka. another Joe)
BNFox
BNFox
private

Back to top Go down

Mount on the JG AK-SVD? Empty Re: Mount on the JG AK-SVD?

Post  Jason@Statelineairpark Sun 29 Jun 2008, 12:05

Hey Bro,

The JG SVD is a very great shooter and Outlawcam69 owns one of these beasts of BB...lol. Mounting a scope can be tricky but He used a remington shotgun scope mount on his. Or you can come in after your purchase and we can custom mount one for you.

SVDs are not high velocity guns but they pack a hell of a punch and rate of fire is easily upgraded using an Intellect 9.6 volt battery. I would not Upgrade the internals until the mechbox breaks. Rate of fire/Accuracy matters more in CQB than velocity although 300 fps+ helps with hit calling. There are many semiauto/fullauto sniper&DMR rifles to choose from. Right now the easiest mechbox to work on is a version2 which is in most m4/m16 setups and about 80 percent of the players out there own an m4/m16 variant.

Why this is important to you: This means that your local repair shop will prodominately have version 2 parts in stock. Version3 mechbox parts are often an ordered item and can be in stock upon availability at certain vendors anywhere from a 2 weeks to sometimes a month.

Overall: Choose an AEG that is comfortable, accurate and has medium to long range capability as well as durability. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.
Jason

Last edited by Jason@Statelineairpark on Sun 29 Jun 2008, 12:29; edited 1 time in total
Jason@Statelineairpark
Jason@Statelineairpark
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

http://www.statelineairpark.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SWIFT21 Sun 29 Jun 2008, 12:24

Jason I think he's asking what kind if rail would fit on the gun not what type of gun he should get.

and as for a scope I have a BSA but a Tasco would wok great too just put another lens or mesh in front of the lens to keep it from getting shot out.
SWIFT21
SWIFT21
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason@Statelineairpark Sun 29 Jun 2008, 12:30

roger duly noted, I was offering some advice and did edit my post.

jason
Jason@Statelineairpark
Jason@Statelineairpark
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  BNFox Thu 03 Jul 2008, 18:46

Thanks for the information. I do think i will end up getting the SVD, i just hope i can find a scope mount that will work for it. I may try the remmington mount if i can find it somewhere. I may even try and take the battery cover into some of the sporting good/gun stores and see if any mounts seem like they may work. I know i will most likely have to drill some holes for the screws but i am worried about the clearance for the battery. Jason do you know if the 9.6V requires a stock battery MOD, if so i think i will stick with the lower rate of fire on a 8.4V and maybe just upgrade to an Intellect battery in the future (i kind of like a lower rate of fire, help conserve ammo). Overall i am pretty hyped to get the SVD and hope to bring it out soon. I think i will stick with the MP5 for CQC though, the SVD may be a tad too long. Thanks again for all of the information.

_BNFox
BNFox
BNFox
private

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason@Statelineairpark Sun 06 Jul 2008, 12:37

Yuor welcome bro,

hope to see you get what you want and rock it at the field.

Jason
Jason@Statelineairpark
Jason@Statelineairpark
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum