Stateline air park
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Request for assistance

3 posters

Go down

Request for assistance Empty Request for assistance

Post  XxPhraustxX Sat 28 Jun 2008, 04:04

Hey guys,

I recently made the decision to save up for a high end AEG and chose a high end SCAR because of its versatility. I'm lost on side arms and other gear though. Can anyone give me some good tips so I can be prepared? Preferably info on stuff like, additional weaponry such as sidearms and secondaries, how many extra magazine's I should have for each weapon, body gear, RIS Addons, etc.

One more thing, could you guys give me the low-down on the construction of an AEG? (Internals, externals, location of components, component names, battery quality, ect.)

XxPhraustxX
grunt

Back to top Go down

Request for assistance Empty Re: Request for assistance

Post  fyrekev Sat 28 Jun 2008, 06:33

Read this link first...

Airsoft Guns and Construction Low-Down

Batteries - the voltage (v) represents how fast the battery feeds the current, the milliamps (mah) represents the battery life. For example, an 8.4v battery will cycle your AEG slower than a 9.6v, a battery that shows 1400mah will last longer than one with 1200mah. Every battery will have both numbers on them. For the ratio of rounds to milliamps, consult Jason, but I think it's 1 or 2 shots per milliamp. So if you are using a 9.6v 1400mah battery, then you can expect to fire between 1400 to 2800 rounds before the battery needs to be recharged.

Side arms and secondaries is a tough field to give you info on. Since giving just info would make this post close to the size of a novel. If you're asking for what's best, you'll get 10 different answers from 10 different people. If you're interested in pistols as your sidearms (which seems to be the most common approach), then you have gas blow backs (GBB), non-gas blow back (NGBB), spring, and the not often found AEP. I prefer gas blow backs simply because of the realism factor. When fired, the gas produces enough force to cycle the slide back and forward, just like a real pistol. On average, these types of guns pack a decent punch. Mine produces about 310 FPS. The major drawback to gas blow backs is they require the most care to keep them in good working order. They have to be frequently cleaned and lubricated using a light silicon lubricant. They also go through internal parts faster, such as gaskets, springs and seals. Additionally, these guns tend to fail in cold weather. Green gas is the most common propellant, but you can also use propane. Additionally, you can use red gas if you find it. There is even a black gas, but in an effort to keep you from using it, I won't even go into detail. Few people know what it's main use is and where to find it anyway, and I'm not telling.

NGBB are just that, they also use gas to propel a BB, however do not have the realistic cycle of the slide. Typically, these guns also produce an average of around 300 FPS, require slightly less maintenance, and in many cases use the same gases as GBBs. They also can have a loss of velocity in cold weather, however because they do not need to cycle a slide, they can still be effectively used in these conditions. One particular type of NGBB which some people swear by, and I'll admit has a decent amount of power, is a CO2 powered gun. This gun requires a brass or aluminum CO2 cartridge. They have far less problems with cold weather, however the cartridge can only be used once. I don't own one, but I suspect it probably cost more to buy CO2 cartridges than just a large can of green gas. If I'm wrong someone correct me.

Finally, spring powered pistols just use a basic spring to fire a round. They can shoot hard in some cases, but require you to manually cycle (cock) the gun every time you want to fire. I find these very unreliable in a situation where your sidearm comes out for quick defense. Most of the gas guns are semi-automatic, just like their real steel counterparts. An AEP is an automatic electric pistol, these are tough to find and I wouldn't even really worry about it. However, to explain, they use the same method of firing as your AEG.

Body gear, number and type of magazines, and RIS/RAS is all personal preference, so you need to be more specific on what kind of information you want in those regards. I do know quite a lot about camouflage, so any help you need in selecting some (if you even plan to wear it), I can provide.
fyrekev
fyrekev
Lance corporal

http://www.myspace.com/firekev

Back to top Go down

Post  XxPhraustxX Sat 28 Jun 2008, 07:10

Exactly what I needed to know. THanks much!

XxPhraustxX
grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason@Statelineairpark Sat 28 Jun 2008, 08:17

Non Blowback gas guns and Co2 NBBs ar the way to go for me. I can get a about 150 shots off one cartrige b4 changing it. If you want practical and reliablility NBB is the way to go. We have 1911 style NBB T400s on sale for $59.99 at the shop. Call 548-2481 for details. Velocity is 400-380 fps for the first 2 mags of bbs.

Jason
Jason@Statelineairpark
Jason@Statelineairpark
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

http://www.statelineairpark.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason@Statelineairpark Sat 28 Jun 2008, 08:25

As far as SCARs are concerned ECHO1 is releasing thier SCAR soon and VFC's SCAR is pretty nice. I would stay away from the CA SCAR as I know from personal experience that it is no Beuno....lol. The gun spent its entire ownership in a shop being repaired. CA's SCAR Heavy looks pretty sick and I rock one in GRAWF. I cant speak on the gearbox. It appears to be slightly different.

Jason
Jason@Statelineairpark
Jason@Statelineairpark
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

http://www.statelineairpark.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: