Stateline air park
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Camo works. My opinion

+3
Jason@Statelineairpark
fyrekev
Blackman
7 posters

Go down

What Camo works. My opinion Empty What Camo works. My opinion

Post  Blackman Wed 04 Jun 2008, 15:06

Lets see. i have ACU and 3 color desert camo. Im not a big fan of black or the new urban camo. b/c Black at night is a soild figure, same with night vision look at someone wearing night vision and they will be a soild black figure. my advice, is got with multicams they preety much are the best for urban fighting.ACUS are manly for hiding large troop concentrations and black is preety much black. i dont quite no why the the U.S. didnt give a contract to multicams.in my opinion there really good.

El
Blackman
Blackman
Blackman
Lance corporal

http://www.myspace.com/gopats

Back to top Go down

What Camo works. My opinion Empty Re: What Camo works. My opinion

Post  fyrekev Wed 04 Jun 2008, 23:02

The reason why Multicams were not used by the military is simply financial. The MARPAT digital patterns, as well as the ACU, are developed by the military itself. Internally developing your own patterns is much less expensive than contracting development out to an external entity.

As far as black goes, it is effective on dark nights (those without moons and minimal lighting), and close quarters/interior battle. To be quite honest, how many airsofters do you expect to encounter who are using night vision? On that note, if you're willing to drop the cash, you can purchase black gear with NIRSMT on it (Near Infrared Signature Management Technology). This is designed to absorb infrared light, heavily reducing the amount reflected from your clothing. Having your BDU constructed with this technology will do very well to blend you into your surroundings when being viewed through an infrared imaging device, regardless of what pattern you are wearing.

The one thing I notice a lot of people saying is that Multicam is the best camouflage pattern out there. This is false. Multicam is designed to be effective over a range of different environments, not the best. However, in most cases it is not more effective than a pattern specifically designed for an individual environment. This is also the second big reason why the U.S. military did not use this pattern. For example, in a jungle or spring/summer woodland environment, Multicam may be 60% effective whereas woodland digital may be 90% effective. However, come autumn/winter in that same environment, when leaves are turning and grass is brown, Multicam may still be 60% effective but the woodland digital is reduced to 40% effectiveness. Bottom line, Multicam, in most cases, will not be the single most effective camouflage in any environment, but is merely designed to provide you with a reasonable amount of concealment in multiple situations if you can't afford to purchase multiple patterns of BDUs. However, a specific pattern for each situation is your best form of concealment, but as I said, is costly.
fyrekev
fyrekev
Lance corporal

http://www.myspace.com/firekev

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason@Statelineairpark Sun 08 Jun 2008, 15:37

Good reviews gents,
Jason
Jason@Statelineairpark
Jason@Statelineairpark
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

http://www.statelineairpark.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gieger Mon 09 Jun 2008, 07:29

fyrekev wrote: you can purchase black gear with NIRSMT on it (Near Infrared Signature Management Technology). This is designed to absorb infrared light, heavily reducing the amount reflected from your clothing. Having your BDU constructed with this technology will do very well to blend you into your surroundings when being viewed through an infrared imaging device, regardless of what pattern you are wearing.

All, This above mentioned technology is the standard for war fighters now in active combat zones. It costs about $190 for pants and $130 for tops. It must be washed using special products (severely mild soaps) They are available to the public if you have the cash. I have seen these on several websites. Proper I think sells the NIRSMT off their website.
Gieger
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny Mon 09 Jun 2008, 12:16

The best mild soap to use is Arminhammer (sp). It's mild, and sent free and the kicker is hypo-alergenic!

I enjoyed the reviews, great read and good info for many.

As for pricing, there are many places you can buy all camo for a cheaper price. No need to pay top dollar for it when you just use it for paintball or airsoft or camping. This is where a womens touch comes in. If you shop around, you can find pants for $7.00, tops $5.00, boots $10.00 and so on. You just have to want to spend the time riding around and looking anytime you are out and about.

Russ and I found an Army Supply tent sale down in Moyock (sp) while we were out doing nature trails.

My advice:

1) Always Keep your eyes open for places.
2) Keep a set price in mind on what your willing to spent total. You might be shocked what you will get.
3) Don't be in a hurry to get everything.
4) Ask around or friends where they get their stuff.

These will help keep the shopping a pleasent thing and you happy.
Penny
Penny
Corporal

http://www.geocities.com/ombres_haven/

Back to top Go down

Post  TeamPrecisionIT Mon 09 Jun 2008, 16:44

I have outfitted myself with the following for a little over $300

1. JG MP5 with mild upgrades and sling = $110
2. Mid caps box set and 1 high cap mag for MP5 = $70
3. Bell Beretta M9 with two mags - $50
4. UTG Tac Vest - $20
5. Standard US Woodland camo set - $14 ($9 for pants - $5 for top)
6. JT lens-type mask - $15
7. Wire Mesh mask - $10
8. Army issue jungle boots - $20

So if saving money is what you're after, which is what I was, all you have to be is patient and alert when the time is right. Now, I also have different things I have bought as well but this is my 'load-out' per say. The gear doesn't make the player work, the player must make the gear work. So having the coolest and latest and greatest camoflouge won't work if you don't know how to use it.

But to vote on topic, I think the best camo is dependent on the situation. The digi urban that is on its way to be standard for the team is looking like the best kit for our particular playing arena due to us playing at night and in close proximity to each other. If I can find a set for sale somewhere then I will sport it.

Damian

Last edited by TeamPrecisionIT on Wed 11 Jun 2008, 13:21; edited 1 time in total

TeamPrecisionIT
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  Field Joe Mon 09 Jun 2008, 23:06

In my opinion standard woodland works great on the 7th my own team couldn't locate me
Field Joe
Field Joe
Corporal

http://www.myspace.com/fieldjoe

Back to top Go down

Post  fyrekev Thu 12 Jun 2008, 17:15

gieger wrote:
fyrekev wrote: you can purchase black gear with NIRSMT on it (Near Infrared Signature Management Technology). This is designed to absorb infrared light, heavily reducing the amount reflected from your clothing. Having your BDU constructed with this technology will do very well to blend you into your surroundings when being viewed through an infrared imaging device, regardless of what pattern you are wearing.

All, This above mentioned technology is the standard for war fighters now in active combat zones. It costs about $190 for pants and $130 for tops. It must be washed using special products (severely mild soaps) They are available to the public if you have the cash. I have seen these on several websites. Proper I think sells the NIRSMT off their website.
Gieger

Good information. For the record, though, Propper only sells the NIRSMT technology on one pattern, the ACU pattern, nothing else. You would be extremely hard pressed to find it on any other pattern aside from black. A lot of people don't realize it, but the woodland digital, desert digital, urban digital, and arctic digital patterns produced by the U.S. Marines are not made available to civilians. The digital patterns that players find so readily sold everywhere are actually copies. The Marines have a long tradition of not releasing their camouflage patterns to civilians until long after the pattern is removed from service. Personally, I don't see the MARPAT Digi patterns coming out of service anytime soon. The Army, however, doesn't typically follow this trend. Their ACU pattern is available to civilians, however it is similar to Multicam in that a copied ACU pattern will be much cheaper than a true ACU pattern.
fyrekev
fyrekev
Lance corporal

http://www.myspace.com/firekev

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down