Stateline air park
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

explanation of how the differing parts work together to fire the AEG?

4 posters

Go down

explanation of how the differing parts work together to fire the AEG? Empty explanation of how the differing parts work together to fire the AEG?

Post  gieger Thu 20 Mar 2008, 20:34

Guys,
While I am not a stupid person I find that I feel pretty overwhelmed when looking at after-market internals. Even though I am not considering actually changing the internals myself, I would like to know where the bits fit together with the overall operation of the AEG.
The spring I understand is the force through which the piston rams the air to push the ball.
The gears I understand actually allow the motor to torque the spring correctly like a reducer so the small gear of the motor is turned to a recocking action of the spring in a fast manor giving semi and full auto firing.
The upper gearbox (in split systems) contains the spring, spring guide, nozzle, piston, piston head and the linkage to the lower gearbox and the lower gearbox must contain the actual gears, the linkage to the trigger, the motor, the tappet plate, anti-reversal latches and cut-off levers (if it has the last two).
So what then is the function of various other parts like the tappet plates, anti-reversal latches, cut-off levers, bore-up kits, regular versus helical gears, and new/replacement cylinders,
What is the relationship between these parts and the final portion of the hop-up and barrel or hop-up and tightbore barrel?
As far as triggers go... where do the sears fit in? and why would it be important when upgrading a gun to replace these? Is there a certain point that you reach where some of these things are required versus recommended for safer operation of your AEG?
In the opinion of you guys who have done this... is it better/ cheaper (two questions) to buy the upgrade parts individually or together, as a tune-up kit or mix and match different pieces from different manufacturers? or barring that as a complete replacement gearbox, like a systema system where the entire thing is put together and all you are doing is placing into your gun.
How easy/hard are these pre-assembled gearboxes to install, do they mostly drop right in or is there modification of parts of these to fit them in each different gun/make?
Thanks for the explanations in advance.
Gieger
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

explanation of how the differing parts work together to fire the AEG? Empty Re: explanation of how the differing parts work together to fire the AEG?

Post  Greybush Fri 21 Mar 2008, 01:00

Looking at the pic if you know what each component is. I will try to explain how it works. The motor drives the bevel gear > spline gear > sector gear >piston.
Now the bevel gear has the anti-reverse latch that keeps the gears from spinning backwards in case of a short cycle. Next the spline gear is the torque to the sector gear. That's all it does is transfers power. The sector gear has a number of jobs.
One it drives the piston back. If you notice the smaller pin that sit at about 1:00 on the sector gear. That's what drives the tappet plate "I'll get to that in a moment. Third, if you removed the sector gear and turned it over you will find that it has a lobe like that of a cam shaft. This drives the cut off level "yaw control".

The tappet plate is what loads the bb into the hop up chamber prior to discharge. that is it's only function.

The cut off level is used to operate the semi-auto of the aeg only. It has a partner the selector plate. When the mode of semi-auto is chosen the selector plate keeps the cut off level in a down position. When the piston is released the lobe on the sector gear pushes down on the cut off level, which inturn causes the switch to pop up off of the trigger flange. This returning the switch to its neutral state.When you release the trigger, the switch is reset to fire again.
When full-auto is chosen. The selector plate allows the cut off level to move out of the way. This keeps the lobe on the sector gear from engaging. This keeping the switch engaged giving you continues fire.

The selector plate also controls the safety switch. The safety is the 3/4 inch black stick thats at the lower left corner of the mechbox. When the safety is on the level moves to the 10:30>11:00 position. blocking the top of the trigger. Note some plate have a copper plate that connects the circuit to the switch.

The trigger has a lip on the top back edge. This edge is what grabs the bottom corner of the switch. Pulling the trigger drives the switch forward to the contacts to start the motor.

When you get ready to upgrade.

The most important part is the shimming. You don't want to bind the gears, however you don't want to much play. slop can cause damage just as quick.
I think if you want a good full-auto stay within a 110>120 spring, High toruqe gear set,and a G&P120 motor.
If you want speed same springs, High speed gear set, and a G&P160 motor.

Snipers you need to stay with a bolt action "springer or gas" or straight semi-auto "PSG-1" only,These you can use 130>160 springs.

Over kill can cost you more time and time again.
Here's a link to mechbox.
http://www.mechbox.com/site/mechbox/the-mechbox/how-the-mechbox-works.html

IMO the systema is a name that you buy. All reinforced mechboxs are the same one just has a name.systema gears are the same steel as modular gearsets and helix. do you homework.

this shows the pin on the sector gear
explanation of how the differing parts work together to fire the AEG? Gearbox

Last edited by Greybush on Sun 23 Mar 2008, 22:21; edited 2 times in total
Greybush
Greybush
OGR Gangster
OGR Gangster

Back to top Go down

explanation of how the differing parts work together to fire the AEG? Empty Re: explanation of how the differing parts work together to fire the AEG?

Post  gieger Fri 21 Mar 2008, 19:41

Wow that was great.
Thanks for the in depth look, The only complaint is that the pics can't or wont get bigger. So I couldn't see alot of the things referenced, but I can get larger pics and then read the description again.

To clarify some of my thoughts, The larger pistons provide more are per shot and should thus increase your FPS, is this essentially correct?
Gieger
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  Greybush Sun 23 Mar 2008, 22:18

Yes, a larger piston products more air. This is where a bore up kit comes into play. The way this works, The inside diameter of the cylinder is larger this makes the cylinder wall a little thinner. Your kit will include a cylinder,cylinder head,piston head,and air nozzel. Most bore up kits require at least a M120 spring or higher. hope this helps. explanation of how the differing parts work together to fire the AEG? Boreup
Greybush
Greybush
OGR Gangster
OGR Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Greybush Sun 23 Mar 2008, 22:22

gieger wrote:Wow that was great.
Thanks for the in depth look, The only complaint is that the pics can't or wont get bigger. So I couldn't see alot of the things referenced, but I can get larger pics and then read the description again.

To clarify some of my thoughts, The larger pistons provide more are per shot and should thus increase your FPS, is this essentially correct?
Gieger

Check this link. it may help also. http://www.mechbox.com/site/mechbox/the-mechbox/how-the-mechbox-works.html
Greybush
Greybush
OGR Gangster
OGR Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason@Statelineairpark Mon 24 Mar 2008, 20:00

Good info James,

If anyone has any further questions feel free to call the shop @ 757-548-2481 and James or myself will be happy to help.

Jason
Jason@Statelineairpark
Jason@Statelineairpark
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

http://www.statelineairpark.com

Back to top Go down

Post  koscherness Thu 27 Mar 2008, 15:10

probably a stupid question, but does my gun have a v2 gearbox? it is a BOYI (D-boys) M4 BI-3881 (M4 RIS SD). it says reinforced gearbox with 7mm bearing on the box. what does this mean?
koscherness
koscherness
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  gieger Thu 27 Mar 2008, 15:46

looked at the CQB and non-CQB versions and both have the V2 gearbox.
as far as the 7MM bearings, metal parts that contact each other in your gun are separated by a bearing with 7MM ball bearings, thats good, the only better I have seen is the 8MM bearings in my brothers KWA (stock)
but either way its a V2 gearbox.
Gieger
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  koscherness Thu 27 Mar 2008, 15:52

so do most guns have v2 gearboxes?
koscherness
koscherness
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  gieger Thu 27 Mar 2008, 16:13

Most newer guns do, that are mid-high level.
Low level ones most likely will not, though there are some exceptions.
Gieger
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  koscherness Thu 27 Mar 2008, 16:34

kk. thanks.
koscherness
koscherness
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Greybush Thu 24 Apr 2008, 20:18

koscherness wrote:so do most guns have v2 gearboxes?

Here is a chart of all the gearboxes what they are used for

http://www.21stcenturyairsoft.com/gearboxtypes.php
Greybush
Greybush
OGR Gangster
OGR Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down