Stateline air park
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GEARBOX

3 posters

Go down

GEARBOX Empty GEARBOX

Post  koscherness Tue 14 Oct 2008, 19:13

hey guys, i need help on deciding which gearbox i should get. either http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_68_513&products_id=27277 or http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_68_513&products_id=30046 . this is a gearbox for my aug of course.i am going to put an m130 spring, a bore up kit ,and a 9.6v battery in soon. and a tightbore but i dont think that matters about the gearbox. as far as i can tell they have the same thing other than fps. is the CSI gearbox just as reinforced as the JG? because if so i would want it. between gas and everything else i have a low budget. the CSI i can barely get next week. the JG will take another two weeks to get. please help. thanks a lot! Wink
koscherness
koscherness
Corporal

Back to top Go down

GEARBOX Empty Re: GEARBOX

Post  BlackWidow Tue 14 Oct 2008, 19:56

get the matrix it has metal bushings
BlackWidow
BlackWidow
Lance corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  koscherness Wed 15 Oct 2008, 15:13

where is that at? oh and by the way thanks for coming out and fixing my gearbox!
koscherness
koscherness
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackWidow Wed 15 Oct 2008, 18:12

i didnt have any gas to go, economy is tight and the earliest i would be able to come look at it is fri or sat
BlackWidow
BlackWidow
Lance corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  koscherness Wed 15 Oct 2008, 18:58

okay im just a little upset that you never texted or called me back. i thought that you were not going to fix it.try to understand from my point of view, pretend you have very little knowledge and experience with airsoft gearboxes and you have never actually even seen a V3 i tried to fix it by doing everything you told me. i did but then it would spit bbs out and most would just fall out. air was coming out of the mag catch so i reasoned that it was the cylinder you told me about. since i thought you were never going to talk to me or help me i tried to replace. i was succesfull in opening the gearbox but you can guess what happened after that. many internals fell out and i dont know how to put them back together. im going to use them for spares and buy a new gearbox instead. the one you gave me has that issue with full auto and reseting it. also the fuses come apart quick. so, im gonna buy that new gearbox. would the matrix be able to satisfy my needs of durability? is it all metal(parts inside)? will i have to reset it every ten seconds. thanks for replying.
koscherness
koscherness
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackWidow Wed 15 Oct 2008, 21:46

the problem you are having is very comon with the AUG you will get it with every one no matter what GB you have since it does not have a reset for the yaw controler. its bc the CA motor spins so fast and hard that when the power gets cut off the motor still spins and it spins enough to trigger the yaw control. the only way to stop this from happening is to 1)get a slower motor 2)or get a mosfet with braking 3)or put a stronger spring in there to hold back the motor when the power gets cut off, but you will run into problems like motor wearing faster. i would sugest the mosfet, but it is exp but worth every penny. but if you are short on cash i can put one of my slower motors in there, but you may still sometimes get it to trigger the controler but not as often. best thing to do is completely build a gb like i am doing and put a mosfet
BlackWidow
BlackWidow
Lance corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  SWIFT21 Thu 16 Oct 2008, 16:09

If you wanted i could try and fix it for you
SWIFT21
SWIFT21
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  koscherness Fri 17 Oct 2008, 14:54

no thanks. im just gonna buy a new one. the other one had a lot of problems that i did not know about.he hem
koscherness
koscherness
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down