Stateline air park
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WAR

+3
Shottaker
gieger
brien
7 posters

Go down

WAR Empty WAR

Post  brien Mon 07 Apr 2008, 14:41

you know what would be cool? if we got a HUGE playing field and did like a 3 day long airsoft WAR where we have to camp out like in a real war set up tacticts,recon,and if the place had a body of water neer it,get some small inflatable motor rafts,tell me what you think
brien
brien
Lance corporal

Back to top Go down

WAR Empty realities

Post  gieger Mon 07 Apr 2008, 15:12

Hard to manage a game that large, most guys have to take off work etc to play something like that.
Would it be cool, Oh yeah, but then its a huge logistical issue as well.

Things you would need to figure out....

How do you get the word out? Remember a large game like this will draw people with enough advance warning from across the country, possibly from other countries as well.

How far in advance do you arrange a large game like this and still have the game played in a timely manor?

Would there be prizes? One of the reasons larger games have large entry fees are for paying support people that have been working behind the scenes to set the entire game up in the first place.

Would there be sponsors? It really helps with supplies etc to have one, as well as awards/prises. I would want at least a few of the local airsoft retailers, as well as some of the tactical stores/surplus stores. If entry fee included say 3 MRE's per person per day for the duration of the event you wouldn't have to worry as much about food arrangements etc, though you would have to make sure that people cleaned up after themselves.

With people spending a large amount of money just to play... How do you deal with cheaters/people who are not following posted rules? Many a good game is ruined by cheaters etc, the fastest way for someone to ask for a refund and make the event bust is to not have a good plan of action for cheaters or rule breakers in advance and posted. Including being made to leave the entire game and for-fitting money paid due to reasonable determination of unsafe behavior or disregard of rules.

Fire rules for the area, Va is under an open fire ban right now, hard to cook (camping style) without fire.

Is there drinkable water? Fastest way to have a really bad time playing is to get the runs from drinking lake/stream water that isn't clean.

Is medical care available?

Can the area be easily accessed by medical equipment like an ambulance?

If someone has a medical problem in the field how will you get him out to an area the Medics can get to him? Remember if you are moving a person you are now taking a liability to proper medical care.

Is there trained EMT or first responders available?

Do you have a legally binding waiver for all the dangerous stuff?

How will you insure that people are keeping their masks on during games etc?

Can you locate an area that is easily marked off, yet large enough to support the number of people you expect? Is the area flexible enough to add portions or subtract portions based on the number of people that actually show up? An area that has a variance of terrain, for a different feel to engagements in different areas.

Who will develop maps of the area to give to players for tactical engagement planning? How will you keep team maps separate? Objectives, buildings, camps etc... Stuff that needs to be over-run or defended. The placement of these need to be marked separately depending on attack or defend options for the different teams, which means at least two versions of the map in the above.

Communications, most guys out there have different radios, some will talk some will not, while this can work well for different squads, there should be an ability to inter-communicate. (i'd use cell phones I think, does the area you found have cell towers nearby?

A supplier for things like chargers, batteries, BB's, food, drink, and all the things you never think about like toilet paper and a shovel. Will there be someone available to fix/repair guns of all different makes, types, models, manufacturers and issues?

Dedicated referees (game manager if you prefer that term), and enough to cover all the possible engagement areas, run the games, and decide when to call the games for the night, and when the night engagements start.

Who is going to bank-role the initial outpouring of cash. All the work done before the game is the most important part, most people don't work for free, and if they do the want something out of it.

Answer all those questions and you are off to a good start to running a large multi-day game.

Last edited by gieger on Mon 07 Apr 2008, 15:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : re-arranged some wording and spaced questions out for easier reading.)
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

WAR Empty Re: WAR

Post  brien Mon 07 Apr 2008, 15:19

i know its just an idea
brien
brien
Lance corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Shottaker Mon 07 Apr 2008, 16:07

Yeah but he has a point alot of guys have to work.
Shottaker
Shottaker
private 1st class

Back to top Go down

Post  brien Mon 07 Apr 2008, 16:08

but just an idea for the store to host
brien
brien
Lance corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Drew Mon 07 Apr 2008, 20:15

yeah ive mentioned it b4 but they are right their just not enough resources/volunteers to make it work plus a larger area of operation would be needed than any of the fields i have seen (except for new kent). Also it usually takes at least 6 months just to plan not to mention the various other activities that are a neccesity.
Drew
Drew
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason@Statelineairpark Sat 19 Apr 2008, 09:49

As a veteran of multiple large scale scenarios I will say that most players have no clue in what it takes to host an OP. I have hosted/designed several large scale events where things can go very wrong and you get stuck holding the bag of proverbial poo. Geiger hit it on the head when he described what intensive labor an event host has to go thru to dot all the I's and cross all the T's. I think we have the capacity to host Tourney style play and small scale senarios/pickup games and that is what I'm focusing on. We plan to build on to what is already setup at the field and change things up a bit to keep players from becoming bored. If you have a scenario Idea pm it to me and I'll hear it out.

Thanks,
Jason
Jason@Statelineairpark
Jason@Statelineairpark
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

http://www.statelineairpark.com

Back to top Go down

WAR Empty I was gonna but...

Post  ikeman820 Sun 20 Apr 2008, 21:40

me and my brother were gonna do something like that in the local woods but only 1 overnight thing until like 12 am and have like just a lil food and water but we couldnt find the time or the people who wanted to do it but if u could get something like that going in the near future : and again(near impossible) i would be soooo game!
ikeman820
ikeman820
private

Back to top Go down

Post  Greybush Tue 22 Apr 2008, 23:58

brien wrote:you know what would be cool? if we got a HUGE playing field and did like a 3 day long airsoft WAR where we have to camp out like in a real war set up tacticts,recon,and if the place had a body of water neer it,get some small inflatable motor rafts,tell me what you think

We are always looking for Ideas. A three day game is alittle long. Now a saturday to sunday night would be nice.
Greybush
Greybush
OGR Gangster
OGR Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  gieger Wed 23 Apr 2008, 18:11

I would be open to a date for a weekend like that, sounds fun.
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  Greybush Wed 23 Apr 2008, 23:29

We need some game ideas.
Greybush
Greybush
OGR Gangster
OGR Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  gieger Thu 24 Apr 2008, 19:11

real time black hawk down, medics, the whole shebang.
gieger
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum