19JUL08

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

19JUL08

Post  RazoR on Sat 19 Jul 2008, 21:48

Had a good time guys. I'll try to make it out there more often. cheers farao <--- lol he's cool.
avatar
RazoR
private

Posts : 19
Join date : 2008-07-14
Age : 29
Location : Chesapeake VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19JUL08

Post  Penny on Sun 20 Jul 2008, 10:59

Glad you were there and had a good time. Thats what it is all about and hope to see you there more.
avatar
Penny
Corporal

Posts : 104
Join date : 2008-05-25
Age : 50
Location : in your nightmares

View user profile http://www.geocities.com/ombres_haven/

Back to top Go down

Re: 19JUL08

Post  Field Joe on Mon 21 Jul 2008, 00:03

yes it was a good day to die we hope to see you again
avatar
Field Joe
Corporal

Posts : 91
Join date : 2008-06-09
Age : 33
Location : location, location

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/fieldjoe

Back to top Go down

Re: 19JUL08

Post  Sgt. Viper on Mon 21 Jul 2008, 01:26

There was a few parts of the day that kind of ticked me off. None the less, it was fun and we all hope you are out there more, we always need more bodies.
avatar
Sgt. Viper
private 1st class

Posts : 71
Join date : 2008-06-02
Location : Virginia Beach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19JUL08

Post  BNFox on Mon 21 Jul 2008, 11:53

My brother in law and I had a great time as well, hopefully next time we can get out a little earlier, and our googles wont fog up as much(I would get mesh but i like my ear protection). All in all a very fun time, even though our team got wiped on both Kill House missions(Im just glad we didn't encounter the claymore, you OGR are tricky), but having the schematics from here helped alot this time around. Has anyone ever thought of putting the field rules (I.E.-Semi only in the House, no blind fire, etc.) on the forums? Also it would be great to have a break down of some of the different game types as well. Overall we both had a good time and look forward to getting out again sometime soon, this was a great second time out for me and first time for my Bro-in-Law. I really like the field and the people are what make it fun. Just games & Strats and no attitudes. So thanks for a fun night game!

-BNFox
avatar
BNFox
private

Posts : 18
Join date : 2008-06-28
Age : 38
Location : Virginia Beach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19JUL08

Post  Penny on Tue 22 Jul 2008, 09:46

Glad you both enjoyed it. I'm sure we can get up the rules and most of the games. Just give us some time.

Hope to see you out there more.

BTW: have you ever thought about just replacing your goggle lens with mesh?
avatar
Penny
Corporal

Posts : 104
Join date : 2008-05-25
Age : 50
Location : in your nightmares

View user profile http://www.geocities.com/ombres_haven/

Back to top Go down

Re: 19JUL08

Post  Jason@Statelineairpark on Tue 29 Jul 2008, 01:12

Thanks to all for the great comments. We try to make our field enjoyable to all and a safe environment where veteran and new players alike can experience Airsoft. I'm always open to New Ideas and even designs for the field. If you have an idea/design please shoot me or greybush a pm or stop by the shop and talk with us. I'd like to do a Player Appreciation/Build day soon. The field could use some add ons and mods to change it up a bit. Get your mouse gears a turning and come up with some ideas on paint and post them up.

Jason
avatar
Jason@Statelineairpark
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Posts : 190
Join date : 2008-03-24
Age : 41
Location : 3.5 seconds from entering your room

View user profile http://www.statelineairpark.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 19JUL08

Post  RazoR on Wed 30 Jul 2008, 18:20

I was realy not happy with the quality of play this last weekend, 26JUL08. I was disapointed most by some of the players and the "honor" that is involved in airsoft. I have been playing this game long enough to understand the unwritten rules of the game. Everyone knows that not EVERY hit is called. If its the BB's that are raining down on you because someone is "lobbing" them to you, or if you got hit sprinting to cover. Most of the time this is due to the bushes or other things you may run into as you run.

Now. When you are running across the ENTIRE playing field with enough light that a bat could see, and nothing to excuse a hit. Or when from across the field the white BBs bouncing off of your black shirt are clearly visable, and you do not aknowledge that you are hit. This is nothing more than bad sportsmanship. This same player was seen flintching as several BBs impacted him, and insited that he always called his hits. In addition, one of my players susstained injuries to his hand, arm, and chest, because one player did not honor a clear saftey kill. The words, "Safety kill! You better take it.", were said, and then the other player shot my guy. To add insult to injury the "saftey killed player" did not leave the playing field and my guy who is now shot, did.

Please understand, I'm not going to cry about a player not calling their hits. This is not the first time this has ever happend. What really upset me was the multiple times this happend within three games, and when it was brought to the attention of a field employee, he told
me "yeah we know, you realy gotta rail him." I don't think thats fair, that one group of players can do as they please and be almost dangerous, and the rest of us have to put up with it, or drop to their level.

To Jason and the other guys at State Line Airpark, and the crew at MASTER BLASTER'S PAINTBALL, I appreciate you guys running the field for us Airsofters.
To the players that come out and play fair, happy shooting, and thanks for mustering the honor that is required to play this game.
To the players in question, there is no point in any kind of threat or ultimatum. So, please play with some honor call your hits, leave you video game mentality at home, or please stop playing this sport. Airsoft doesn't need any more players like you.
avatar
RazoR
private

Posts : 19
Join date : 2008-07-14
Age : 29
Location : Chesapeake VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19JUL08

Post  TeamPrecisionIT on Thu 31 Jul 2008, 05:43

I will be running the field this saturday and if you see something like this going on, please bring it to my attention immediately. We all have to work together to keep the honor in this game, it can't be done by one person alone. I understand your frustration and believe me when I say this: Karma gets everyone in the end. I don't know if you read about or heard about the robbery that happened in CQB Tactical (Jeff's store), but the guys that tried to rob him were a couple of the guys that were the of the same mentality you are mentioning. We have to work together to weed out the week.

But I do want to touch on the 'safety kill' rule. While it is smart to acknowledge a safety kill, its the responsibility of the safety killer to ensure it gets called before not firing. When you are performing a safety kill, the right thing to do is to yell it at the player as you run up on him/her aggressively with your finger on the trigger in case he/she doesn't ackowledge it. In the event that they don't want to call it, then you hit them up. Although you might feel that its the wrong thing to do, trust me, its not. I have had to do this a lot and while I do feel bad about it, hey s^%t happens.

Damian

TeamPrecisionIT
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Posts : 113
Join date : 2008-04-12
Age : 35
Location : Virginia Beach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19JUL08

Post  Penny on Thu 31 Jul 2008, 08:16

I fully understand what you are saying about shots not being called and the safe kills. I have had problems with both but have come to understand that there are times when you have to do what you can. I have also been in a heated discussion about being hit myseelf and accused of not calling and as I have said before, if I was hit, than I accept it but I was in a place (kill house) where BBs were bouncing off of walls and beating me up so I could not tell what was a hit or not and the same for a few other people I know out there. We just could not tell what was an honest hit.

As far as safety kills, yell it out several times and if the person does not accept it, shoot.

I would also like to say there are some that just will not accept a safety kill even when it is right in their face a point blank range, next time..I pull the trigger. That argument caused me to be hit by someone else when in fact I could had held my ground longer. Yet when I was hit, I took it and called it happily.

Love ya Drew ( I know your reading) but next time, I will just tag ya. I called safety on you because at the close range, I did not want to hurt you.
avatar
Penny
Corporal

Posts : 104
Join date : 2008-05-25
Age : 50
Location : in your nightmares

View user profile http://www.geocities.com/ombres_haven/

Back to top Go down

Re: 19JUL08

Post  Drew on Thu 31 Jul 2008, 09:03

Penny wrote:I fully understand what you are saying about shots not being called and the safe kills. I have had problems with both but have come to understand that there are times when you have to do what you can. I have also been in a heated discussion about being hit myseelf and accused of not calling and as I have said before, if I was hit, than I accept it but I was in a place (kill house) where BBs were bouncing off of walls and beating me up so I could not tell what was a hit or not and the same for a few other people I know out there. We just could not tell what was an honest hit.

As far as safety kills, yell it out several times and if the person does not accept it, shoot.

I would also like to say there are some that just will not accept a safety kill even when it is right in their face a point blank range, next time..I pull the trigger. That argument caused me to be hit by someone else when in fact I could had held my ground longer. Yet when I was hit, I took it and called it happily.

Love ya Drew ( I know your reading) but next time, I will just tag ya. I called safety on you because at the close range, I did not want to hurt you.

i understand penny and guys as a player who has played since masterblasters started doing airsoft ( i even helped build up the field) the general rule of thumb is u can safety kill a person but be ready to shoot not everyone takes one and its their choice i know rarely ever take one unless i am certain i cant escape with that said sometimes you just have to shoot the person and i feel the love penny
avatar
Drew
Staff Sergeant

Posts : 137
Join date : 2008-03-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19JUL08

Post  RazoR on Thu 31 Jul 2008, 10:28

Holy crap Drew. I can't believe you just said that. The reason it is called a "SAFETY kill" is so people don't get shot at those close ranges. It's a SAFETY kill, not a knife kill. When someone calls a safety kill they are doing you a favor, and what you are saying to me or Penny is F*** you im gonna shoot you anyway. Drew this is the second time I have seen you, or your buddy deliberately shoot a player at a dangerously close range AFTER said player safety killed you, and both times the safe player suffered bloody wounds. Honestly, I'm suprised that you haven't been involved in a physical altercation yet.

Bottom line, Safety kills are there for your safety and for the safety of players around you. So accept that someone got you and leave the playing area.
avatar
RazoR
private

Posts : 19
Join date : 2008-07-14
Age : 29
Location : Chesapeake VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19JUL08

Post  Drew on Thu 31 Jul 2008, 14:07

RazoR wrote:Holy crap Drew. I can't believe you just said that. The reason it is called a "SAFETY kill" is so people don't get shot at those close ranges. It's a SAFETY kill, not a knife kill. When someone calls a safety kill they are doing you a favor, and what you are saying to me or Penny is F*** you im gonna shoot you anyway. Drew this is the second time I have seen you, or your buddy deliberately shoot a player at a dangerously close range AFTER said player safety killed you, and both times the safe player suffered bloody wounds. Honestly, I'm suprised that you haven't been involved in a physical altercation yet.

Bottom line, Safety kills are there for your safety and for the safety of players around you. So accept that someone got you and leave the playing area.

hey im not saying be a jerk about it and im not telling penny f u and i understand that people giving you a safety kill are trying to be nice and i respect that but when someone pokes out in front of my barrel and ask me to surrender im going to shoot it is impulse and the last time i did it i walked up to that said person and fully apologized but i understand what you are saying and respect your opinion and i take it upon myself to forwarn people not to safety kill me just shoot me i like now due to my diabetes i cannot sustain a large wound such as from a gun shootin 430 fps or in that ballpark and gladly take safety kills form that if they have me dead to rights just as in the case of penny she went to safety kill me i fired, missed tucked back behind a wall and then she attempted to try and safety kill me through a net which is impo0ssible because you cant shoot through the net by saying no i destracted her and from her flank j-bird snuck in and killed her thus winning the game. people will disagree but these are tactics that others use too ( please excuse my spelling throuhout this thread) others do it to. I apologize to anyone who disagrees with my ideas on a safety kill and for derailing this thread off topic and this is my final opinion on this and i will not comment any further as for my friends they are seperate people and i am not accountible for their actions.
Respectfully,
Drew
avatar
Drew
Staff Sergeant

Posts : 137
Join date : 2008-03-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19JUL08

Post  TeamPrecisionIT on Thu 31 Jul 2008, 14:33

Roger that, Drew. I think Drew's real message is to shoot him in the head twice at close ranges instead of safety killing him. LoL, j/k.

Damian

TeamPrecisionIT
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Posts : 113
Join date : 2008-04-12
Age : 35
Location : Virginia Beach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19JUL08

Post  Drew on Thu 31 Jul 2008, 14:36

TeamPrecisionIT wrote:Roger that, Drew. I think Drew's real message is to shoot him in the head twice at close ranges instead of safety killing him. LoL, j/k.

Damian


Last edited by Drew on Fri 01 Aug 2008, 11:27; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Drew
Staff Sergeant

Posts : 137
Join date : 2008-03-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19JUL08

Post  Greybush on Thu 31 Jul 2008, 14:53

RazoR wrote:
To the players in question, there is no point in any kind of threat or ultimatum. So, please play with some honor call your hits, leave you video game mentality at home, or please stop playing this sport. Airsoft doesn't need any more players like you.

RazoR I'm sorry you had to play in games where you couldn't win. I understand your pain. I assure you that I will do all I can to bring this matter to a close.

I feel the only way to deter this type of behavior will be with the ejection of said players from the field.
What that player has to do is ask himself, is it worth the consequence and having the lable of a cheater place on him. It,s just a game you can play again. There is nothing wrong with getting shot out early in a game. You just do better next game.

_________________
**Elements in time wear all things, As are we nothing but dust waiting on the wind*
** Young and fast in life is excitement, Getting old is the art of survival*
avatar
Greybush
OGR Gangster
OGR Gangster

Posts : 338
Join date : 2008-03-03
Location : everywhere and nowhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19JUL08

Post  Drew on Thu 31 Jul 2008, 15:04

Greybush wrote:
RazoR wrote:
To the players in question, there is no point in any kind of threat or ultimatum. So, please play with some honor call your hits, leave you video game mentality at home, or please stop playing this sport. Airsoft doesn't need any more players like you.

RazoR I'm sorry you had to play in games where you couldn't win. I understand your pain. I assure you that I will do all I can to bring this matter to a close.

I feel the only way to deter this type of behavior will be with the ejection of said players from the field.
What that player has to do is ask himself, is it worth the consequence and having the lable of a cheater place on him. It,s just a game you can play again. There is nothing wrong with getting shot out early in a game. You just do better next game.

if u cheat by not calling ur hits ur cheating urself by not allowing urself to get better the right way


Last edited by Drew on Thu 31 Jul 2008, 15:09; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Drew
Staff Sergeant

Posts : 137
Join date : 2008-03-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19JUL08

Post  gieger on Thu 31 Jul 2008, 15:07

My .02...

Safety kill can be offered, it does not need to be accepted. Bottom line... The matter of offering and ensuring acceptance of the safety kill relies on the person with position. If that person gets shot they did not conduct the safety kill properly. There is no automatic acceptance of a safety kill, rather it allows the player at the disadvantagous position the chance to go the easy way, IE not get shot.
Gieger
avatar
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Posts : 192
Join date : 2008-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19JUL08

Post  Greybush on Thu 31 Jul 2008, 15:15

I see I need to add a thought to drews post.

Players need to know that a true safety kill is when a said player comes up behide you and puts a weapon to your head and says SAFETY KILL.

Now for a player "A" to approach another from the front or side "where a distance is in play 5-10 ft."as to where said player "B" can react in defense to player "A". Player "A" has to expect a retaliation to said safety kill.
Remember it is the right of the player to give up or shoot his way out.
I guess the best way is to make sure you have the upper hand when you call safety kill.
Lets keep it safe guys and gals.
I encourage for all players to respect a safety kill.

_________________
**Elements in time wear all things, As are we nothing but dust waiting on the wind*
** Young and fast in life is excitement, Getting old is the art of survival*
avatar
Greybush
OGR Gangster
OGR Gangster

Posts : 338
Join date : 2008-03-03
Location : everywhere and nowhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19JUL08

Post  Penny on Thu 31 Jul 2008, 18:59

As much as I love playing with everyone, sometimes its things like this that make me want to sell my stuff and give it up just as I did with paintball.

I had Drew dead to rights, 45 to the head and called safety kill, I got hit only because he was being an donkey about it and walked away mumbling something about not taking safety kills. Yes my team lost the game and it was a great game until that point. I had no problem with being hit and even called it when I really didn't need to say a thing because everyone knew I was hit.

Whatever...I know I will not call safety on Drew anymore as he said, he will not accept one.
avatar
Penny
Corporal

Posts : 104
Join date : 2008-05-25
Age : 50
Location : in your nightmares

View user profile http://www.geocities.com/ombres_haven/

Back to top Go down

Re: 19JUL08

Post  RazoR on Thu 31 Jul 2008, 19:32

I think the point I was trying to make on the subject was lost. I did not intend to point out Drew. I like the sportsmanship Drew displays on and off the field. Although, because that is the way you feel about safety kills you must understand, not every Airsoft player reads this forum, and not every player will be so understanding. My intention was to bring this out to the public to, hopefully prevent this from happening again, or possibly stopping a dangerous problem at the root.

My point was to try and change the way players view safety kills. It seems like some players see accepting a safety kill like its a shot to their ego, but these same players are congratulating players for shooting them under normal situations. For lack of a better term; by pointing your weapon at a player and saying safety kill, you are shooting the player with your words. I have never understood a safety kill to be used to force a player to surrender. By calling a safety kill I'm killing you without hurting you. That's it. No harm done. I play this game for the fun of it. When people start bleeding it stops being fun.

MBPB (copy/paste) Rules on safety kills.

"Safety Kills will be taken in engagement distances of 10" or less. When you encounter an enemy player and have his back to you within 10' Safety kill should be shouted and the enemy player should submit. It is the sole choice of the player to submit. If you commit to a safety kill, follow through and be prepared to shoot the player if they do not submit.
Your muzzle should be on target {center mass}and you should move aggressivly towards them shouting "SAFETY KILL! SAFETY KILL! IF YOU MOVE I WILL FIRE ON YOU!"."

It is for this reason I feel the field rules should be changed to prevent injury or anything worse.

Not pointing any more fingers. Just a thought from what I've seen in the past.
avatar
RazoR
private

Posts : 19
Join date : 2008-07-14
Age : 29
Location : Chesapeake VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19JUL08

Post  Drew on Thu 31 Jul 2008, 21:40

RazoR wrote:I think the point I was trying to make on the subject was lost. I did not intend to point out Drew. I like the sportsmanship Drew displays on and off the field. Although, because that is the way you feel about safety kills you must understand, not every Airsoft player reads this forum, and not every player will be so understanding. My intention was to bring this out to the public to, hopefully prevent this from happening again, or possibly stopping a dangerous problem at the root.

My point was to try and change the way players view safety kills. It seems like some players see accepting a safety kill like its a shot to their ego, but these same players are congratulating players for shooting them under normal situations. For lack of a better term; by pointing your weapon at a player and saying safety kill, you are shooting the player with your words. I have never understood a safety kill to be used to force a player to surrender. By calling a safety kill I'm killing you without hurting you. That's it. No harm done. I play this game for the fun of it. When people start bleeding it stops being fun.

MBPB (copy/paste) Rules on safety kills.

"Safety Kills will be taken in engagement distances of 10" or less. When you encounter an enemy player and have his back to you within 10' Safety kill should be shouted and the enemy player should submit. It is the sole choice of the player to submit. If you commit to a safety kill, follow through and be prepared to shoot the player if they do not submit.
Your muzzle should be on target {center mass}and you should move aggressivly towards them shouting "SAFETY KILL! SAFETY KILL! IF YOU MOVE I WILL FIRE ON YOU!"."

It is for this reason I feel the field rules should be changed to prevent injury or anything worse.

Not pointing any more fingers. Just a thought from what I've seen in the past.


Last edited by Drew on Fri 01 Aug 2008, 11:27; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Drew
Staff Sergeant

Posts : 137
Join date : 2008-03-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19JUL08

Post  Drew on Thu 31 Jul 2008, 21:43

Penny wrote:As much as I love playing with everyone, sometimes its things like this that make me want to sell my stuff and give it up just as I did with paintball.

I had Drew dead to rights, 45 to the head and called safety kill, I got hit only because he was being an donkey about it and walked away mumbling something about not taking safety kills. Yes my team lost the game and it was a great game until that point. I had no problem with being hit and even called it when I really didn't need to say a thing because everyone knew I was hit.

Whatever...I know I will not call safety on Drew anymore as he said, he will not accept one.

yes penny thank you for explaining that the only reason i didnt except the second attempt was because there was net inbetween us and if there wasnt i would have accepted because in that situation you had me. the net was my only saving grace haha
avatar
Drew
Staff Sergeant

Posts : 137
Join date : 2008-03-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19JUL08

Post  TeamPrecisionIT on Thu 31 Jul 2008, 22:47

Drew wrote:
Hey bro i understand what you are saying about the safety kill thing i only use this style of play at mbpb at other fields i just accept them but since i have played at mbpb since they started airsoft i am comfortable not acepting them because i have played so long and usually jason or other field officials will breif players on who not to safety kill and the way a safety kill is done out there. i have an idea we take a dry erase board and put the name of people who not to safety kill at the field that way its a quick and convienent reference that veterans of the field and new players can both use to understand player preferences

I honestly hope you remember this when someone nails you from two feet away right on the dome with a hot gun because of just flat out being stubborn. I know you and we're cool, but seriously, you're setting yourself up for failure and a lot of pain (albeit unnecessary) by saying you will not surrender a safety kill no matter what the circumstance. And the dry erase board thing is a horrible idea because 9 times out of 10, people will not know who Drew is, especially on the field in the middle of a game at night. Just some thoughts to digest because this guy talking has been shot from 8 feet away with a 500+ fps gun right in the forehead and trust me, I do not wish that pain on anybody, it hurt worse then a sim round to the chest.

Damian

TeamPrecisionIT
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Posts : 113
Join date : 2008-04-12
Age : 35
Location : Virginia Beach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19JUL08

Post  RazoR on Fri 01 Aug 2008, 10:25

^Thank you.^
avatar
RazoR
private

Posts : 19
Join date : 2008-07-14
Age : 29
Location : Chesapeake VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19JUL08

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum