Propane?

Go down

Propane?

Post  Blackman on Mon 02 Jun 2008, 14:59

if im correct for gas pistols u can use

green gas
red gas
or propane?

i hear that propane is better but where can i get that from?

help?
avatar
Blackman
Lance corporal

Posts : 80
Join date : 2008-03-05
Age : 26
Location : The County

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/gopats

Back to top Go down

Re: Propane?

Post  fyrekev on Mon 02 Jun 2008, 19:57

Propane didn't cycle my GBB as hard as green gas did, so I don't use it. Plus, it doesn't contain lubricants like green gas does, and it stinks to high heaven. Can't say about red gas.
avatar
fyrekev
Lance corporal

Posts : 80
Join date : 2008-03-08
Age : 37
Location : 3714'24.55"N 11549'00.01"W

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/firekev

Back to top Go down

Re: Propane?

Post  Jason@Statelineairpark on Mon 02 Jun 2008, 20:04

pretty much true about the stinking part...red gas is almost impossible to get now due to DOT regs and hazmat.
Green gas is the way to go but propane is cheaper.

Jason
avatar
Jason@Statelineairpark
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Posts : 190
Join date : 2008-03-24
Age : 41
Location : 3.5 seconds from entering your room

View user profile http://www.statelineairpark.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Propane?

Post  gieger on Tue 03 Jun 2008, 06:54

http://www.airsoft-innovations.com/GunGas.html
check this out.
avatar
gieger
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Posts : 192
Join date : 2008-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Propane?

Post  Jason@Statelineairpark on Sun 29 Jun 2008, 12:37

I own this adaptor and Im really impressed. If you get one be sure to use the coleman propane stove bottles and not the cheap knockoff brands. The threads of the adaptor will cross if you use anything other than coleman or bernzamatic
avatar
Jason@Statelineairpark
OGR Special Ops
OGR Special Ops

Posts : 190
Join date : 2008-03-24
Age : 41
Location : 3.5 seconds from entering your room

View user profile http://www.statelineairpark.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Propane?

Post  Greybush on Tue 01 Jul 2008, 19:37

Remember if you use propane. You must add silicone oil to keep the seals pliable.

_________________
**Elements in time wear all things, As are we nothing but dust waiting on the wind*
** Young and fast in life is excitement, Getting old is the art of survival*
avatar
Greybush
OGR Gangster
OGR Gangster

Posts : 338
Join date : 2008-03-03
Location : everywhere and nowhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Propane?

Post  Drew on Wed 02 Jul 2008, 10:37

Jason@Statelineairpark wrote:pretty much true about the stinking part...red gas is almost impossible to get now due to DOT regs and hazmat.
Green gas is the way to go but propane is cheaper.

Jason

does that mean you can still get red gas i would love to get some used the last bit in the m500 shotgun and m700 lets just say there are less critters in south norfolk
avatar
Drew
Staff Sergeant

Posts : 137
Join date : 2008-03-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Propane?

Post  fyrekev on Wed 02 Jul 2008, 12:44

Drew wrote:
Jason@Statelineairpark wrote:pretty much true about the stinking part...red gas is almost impossible to get now due to DOT regs and hazmat.
Green gas is the way to go but propane is cheaper.

Jason

does that mean you can still get red gas i would love to get some used the last bit in the m500 shotgun and m700 lets just say there are less critters in south norfolk

I don't think anyone would carry it anymore because of the cost of doing so. The DOT regulations Jason was talking about is a combination of fees required to have the stuff shipped to you, as well as permits required to keep it on site at the store. There are simply too many expensive hoops to jump through to carry red gas to warrant doing so, especially when you're talking about something such as air gun gas. It isn't like it's something that you have to constantly restock like a fuel station restocks gasoline. If that were the case, then maybe a store would carry it.
avatar
fyrekev
Lance corporal

Posts : 80
Join date : 2008-03-08
Age : 37
Location : 3714'24.55"N 11549'00.01"W

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/firekev

Back to top Go down

Re: Propane?

Post  SWIFT21 on Wed 02 Jul 2008, 13:20

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_130&products_id=24186&osCsid=3130b87be630b77fdcc176bf6a433248

is this any thing like red gas?
avatar
SWIFT21
Staff Sergeant

Posts : 153
Join date : 2008-04-02
Age : 25
Location : Chesapeake, VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Propane?

Post  Drew on Wed 02 Jul 2008, 16:48

fyrekev wrote:
Drew wrote:
Jason@Statelineairpark wrote:pretty much true about the stinking part...red gas is almost impossible to get now due to DOT regs and hazmat.
Green gas is the way to go but propane is cheaper.

Jason

does that mean you can still get red gas i would love to get some used the last bit in the m500 shotgun and m700 lets just say there are less critters in south norfolk

I don't think anyone would carry it anymore because of the cost of doing so. The DOT regulations Jason was talking about is a combination of fees required to have the stuff shipped to you, as well as permits required to keep it on site at the store. There are simply too many expensive hoops to jump through to carry red gas to warrant doing so, especially when you're talking about something such as air gun gas. It isn't like it's something that you have to constantly restock like a fuel station restocks gasoline. If that were the case, then maybe a store would carry it.

ok kevin thank you that makes sense
avatar
Drew
Staff Sergeant

Posts : 137
Join date : 2008-03-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Propane?

Post  RazoR on Mon 14 Jul 2008, 22:27

SWIFT21 wrote:http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_130&products_id=24186&osCsid=3130b87be630b77fdcc176bf6a433248

is this any thing like red gas?

No thats not Red Gas. 134a is a gas used in Japan were they have laws on their FPS. 134a has a lower expansion rate that Green Gas. Its the opposite of Red Gas.
avatar
RazoR
private

Posts : 19
Join date : 2008-07-14
Age : 30
Location : Chesapeake VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Propane?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum