Stateline air park
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Echo1 AUG Phantom Civilian

2 posters

Go down

Echo1 AUG Phantom Civilian Empty Echo1 AUG Phantom Civilian

Post  BlackWidow Wed 14 May 2008, 18:07

Pros
-Very acurate/semi fast(8.4v) out of box
-330 high cap
-Breaks aparts very easily
-bullpop (depends on your likes)
-civilian gives you the option of any scope or red dot you want
-Sniper kits availiable
-TM and CA compatible
Cons
-Expensive parts
-Midcaps are very low 80rnds(exception of King Arms 110rnds)
-Some parts are hard to find
-military version has a low end scope 1.5x
-colors are version specific, Black-Civilian and OD-Military
-BBs get stuck in the body if you pull the mag out wrong
-very piticular on its batteries, u have to modify for 9.6
-not everyone likes this gun lol

Very good gun, i have used it about 5 times and i am very happy with it. will rate the reliability when i use it for a few months.

give it a 4of5 Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Update
I just put my 9.6v intelect inside the gun today, fully charged. It really makes the difference. It was like someone put a turbo on it. Will only be using me 8.4 for a spare from now on.
BlackWidow
BlackWidow
Lance corporal

Back to top Go down

Echo1 AUG Phantom Civilian Empty Re: Echo1 AUG Phantom Civilian

Post  BlackWidow Tue 15 Jul 2008, 21:19

well after a while of playin with it it i found these flaws on it

Barrel was bent(prob just one of a few defects). i put another barrel in it and now it is very accurate

The trigger switch had went bad on my gun, now its prob just bc of my often switch from semi to full auto, but from another person i have met said there Tokyo Marui version has been working fine for 2 yrs so im not sure if this was me or just a bad switch, prob just me

I found out that the inner cylinder was the wrong style for my barrel its supposed to have the full cylinder, but mine didnt. but i did put a stock full cylinder in it and now it has changed the compression and fps dramatically. 330fps-400fps with a 110 and 380fps-452fps with a 120

8.4 shoots better in it, unless you put a LiPoly in it, but you must upgrade the internals(8.4 doesnt work well with a 12 spring)

Of course the foregrip too, mine broke but i havnt used it enough to break it so im not sure why it did

Trigger is not as smooth as it used to be, so i have takin out the stoppers to get a smoother pull and it worked

But after i get a new switch i am makng the gun just a semi gun, get more fun out of semi
BlackWidow
BlackWidow
Lance corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  koscherness Fri 05 Sep 2008, 16:57

well, if you ever look at my posts i have been looking for a new gun for a while now. i have a Dboys BI-3881. but i want something with more accuracy and range without going over 380 fps. i was wondering if this would be the new gun i was looking for.
koscherness
koscherness
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackWidow Fri 05 Sep 2008, 18:21

for echo1 Aug yes and no. out of the box my AUG was 330 out of the box. well what they did was put a m4 type cylinder instead of the m16 cylinder. when i put the right cylinder inside the gun, it made the FPS jump to 383. i also tried a 120 spring(stock is 110) it went to 460. the AUG is still a great gun, and i am selling my echo1 since now i have my CA, i like the looks and feel of it better than the echo1. if you order an AUG get the civilian, and make sure you check your barrel if you order an echo1 since mine was bent on arrival. the trigger switch for the gun goes out depending on how often you use it, the TM and CA is made of better material and last alot longer, so if you order one of these order a CA or TM replacement trigger assembly.

my opinion on the different AUG Manufacturers

JG- don't bother, even though echo 1 and jg are the same JG you have weaker Gearboxes and the switches go bad easier. they have plastic bushings and poor gears, yes they are cheap and prob cheaper as a project builder since they are cheap. !!!!!EXCEPTION on the new A3 which is an AUG with the action ris from the factory, these guns have an upgraded gearbox, upgraded gears, same switch unfortunately, not sure about the bushings but i do believe they are ball bearing and the gun can handle a LIPO right out of the box, but these guns are so hard to find now in the US that you have to order overseas.

Echo1- same as the JG but it has metal bushings, believe it or not the battery compartment is smaller on this gun due to it being thicker plastic than CA and TM. alot cheaper than CA and TM. but the body has a glossy look to it, but can be takin off by sand paper and a lil bit of patience. outstanding gun for the price but the trigger assembly is still the same as the JG

CA-alot faster out of the box than JG and E1 bc of the high torque motor. body looks better bc of trademarks and a dull finish body, i do beleive it has a smaller inner barrel but not quite the tightbore barrel 6.04 from what im told. bigger battery compartment than the E1 and JG but the plastic is alot stronger due to the type they use.

TM- i have not personally opened, or truly field tested the TM version but i have shot it and felt the gun. it has the same ROF as the E1 and JG but that's bc it comes with the 700 motor, if it had the 1000 it would prob be the same as the CA. i couldn't tell you the finish since this gun was painted over, but the gun felt very secure and well built. this gun has a lower velocity than most but is considered one of the most reliable in the trigger assembly, and the fact that it has a weaker spring inside the box that makes it about a 300fps gun, so it will need upgrading for a 380.
BlackWidow
BlackWidow
Lance corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down